PDA

View Full Version : POTW POLL: How long should images last?

Scream
7th May 2012, 09:46
I've recently just started looking at the POTW, and it caught my attention that some of the pictures that are submitted have been there week after week.

Now I know this is intentional, but does anyone else agree that perhaps the pictures should have to be resubmitted each week?
At the moment I feel as though the competition is not really as 'Picture of the Week' as it should be.

By having users resubmit their pictures more often it introduces more NEW options to pick from, instead of the same set of pictures as the last week with one or two new additions.
Even with this setup, users could still resubmit photos that are months old, but I reckon it would give users more of a reason to get out there and take some new shots more often. :)

Gremlin
8th May 2012, 01:00
I don't think it's that heavily active as is... so demanding even more pictures doesn't make sense to me...

OK, well, from my view, I went in and voted for my 3. Afaik, all 3 have been and gone, and I haven't voted for new ones. Other things to do. I like having a picture come up each week, doesn't matter how long it's been "in the running"