PDA

View Full Version : Honda NV750 clutch problem

Majich
7th May 2012, 12:02
I have a Honda NV750 (1986) and the clutch does not work, i.e. when I pull in the clutch lever it does not engage the clutch. I have bleed the clutch and air bubbles came out. I continued to bleed her until no bubbles appeared. Clutch is still not firm and will not engage the clutch. Not sure what the next step is. Anyone have any ideas.
Thanks

Katman
7th May 2012, 16:00
The rubber clutch hose may have given up the ghost.

Hold the hose while you're squeezing the lever and see if you can feel the hose expanding.

spanner spinner
8th May 2012, 18:24
having worked on these it is usally the slave cylinder that packs up, road grime gets into it and stuffs the seals. take the slave cylinder off the engine and check for leaks, if there are no leaks push the piston back with a screwdriver then get an assistant to pump the lever it should push the piston out. If the piston does not move the master cylinder has packed up get a kit and overhall it.

spanner spinner
8th May 2012, 18:29
forgot to add when you take the slave off the engine don't leave it with out something to stop the pistion falling out. there is a spring behind the pistion that will push it out of the slave cylinder body. I usally secure it with a cable tie. I have had one of these with a broken spring that did strange things like yours might be worth checking if you can't find any other faults

FJRider
8th May 2012, 18:36
Clutch plates stuck together ???

Majich
8th May 2012, 22:55
forgot to add when you take the slave off the engine don't leave it with out something to stop the pistion falling out. there is a spring behind the pistion that will push it out of the slave cylinder body. I usally secure it with a cable tie. I have had one of these with a broken spring that did strange things like yours might be worth checking if you can't find any other faults

Thanks, will give this a go, cheers