PDA

View Full Version : January tour

Kingfisher
30th July 2005, 04:40
I am hoping to tour the South Island in January for two weeks. Any recommendations on tour guides and bike rentals? I do most of my riding in the mountains of Colorado on a 99 Roadstar.

scumdog
30th July 2005, 04:50
Can't really help with the details you want but PM me and I'll fill you in on some of the aspects of touring down here and some places worth visiting - speaking of visiting, I hope to be visiting somewhere in your neck of the woods towards the end of this year.

Waylander
30th July 2005, 05:33
I am hoping to tour the South Island in January for two weeks. Any recommendations on tour guides and bike rentals? I do most of my riding in the mountains of Colorado on a 99 Roadstar.
You'll enjoy it mate. If you think Colorado has some beutifull roads you havn't seen anything yet. Moved here from Texas last year and have riden in northern California and parts of Utah but none of those compare to here. And I havn't even been tothe south island yet where the mountains are bigger and the cities more scarse.

Bikers paradise this is.

Paul in NZ
30th July 2005, 10:49
Depends how much $$ you want to spend.

Really, you don't need a tour guide in NZ unless you get lost going to the bathroom at night or have become so dependant on your butler that you don't know where the cutlery drawer is.

One of those wierdos in ChCh will meet you at the airport if you bribe them with shiney beads and blankets and point you in the right direction...

We are still tossing up deciding on a jan / feb tour our selves...

Paul N

ps - Go for late jan, feb or march as the school holidays will be over and the place will be less cluttered!

MSTRS
30th July 2005, 11:25
ps - Go for late jan, feb or march as the school holidays will be over and the place will be less cluttered!
School hols aren't over in 06 until after Waitangi Day -Feb 6. Weather tends to be more settled in Feb / Mar too. Enjoy your tour!

Hitcher
30th July 2005, 17:01
http://www.motorcycle-hire.co.nz/

This crowd is the biggest and probably the best motorbike rental company in the South Island. Enjoy. It's fantastic down there!

Riff Raff
30th July 2005, 17:06
Welcome to KB :wavey:

Can't help you with any info, but I can tell you that you will have a fantastic time.

Paul in NZ
30th July 2005, 17:50
John and Ian are a couple of bloody good sorts to. Seem highly regarded.

http://www.gotournz.com/

Cheers

Kickaha
30th July 2005, 17:56
One of those wierdos in ChCh will meet you at the airport if you bribe them with shiney beads and blankets and point you in the right direction...

Paul N

That'd be Dangerous then :yes:

Waylander
30th July 2005, 18:45
That'd be Dangerous then :yes:
In more ways that one...:whistle:

Kingfisher
31st July 2005, 05:13
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it.

Kingfisher
31st July 2005, 05:15
Thanks for the recommendation.

Lou Girardin
9th August 2005, 10:53
We do Harley rentals at AMPS. I can also put you onto reputable tour operators or just suggest routes.
Email rentals@amps.co.nz