PDA

View Full Version : KTM Green PV Spring?

Tony.OK
15th May 2012, 16:16
Any KTM 2t folks out there have a spare green power valve spring they don't want/need?

Just wanting to dumb the 250exc down for when I can ride again. Also would going down to a 13t front (from 14t) lessen the power hit a bit? I know it'll accelerate quicker but it'll be going slower?

That Guy
15th May 2012, 17:53
Sorry I tend to swap my springs around so none spare; gearing down makes it angrier. Unless 1st is too tall if you are finding it a bit frisky I'd get a tooth or two smaller on the rear, the 250 2ts are amazingly tourqey and can do all sorts of things off the pipe, and making teh gearing taller makes them a lot easier to handle in the first three gears... Or get a 300 and climb cliffs off the pipe :shifty:

Tony.OK
15th May 2012, 18:23
Sorry I tend to swap my springs around so none spare; gearing down makes it angrier. Unless 1st is too tall if you are finding it a bit frisky I'd get a tooth or two smaller on the rear, the 250 2ts are amazingly tourqey and can do all sorts of things off the pipe, and making teh gearing taller makes them a lot easier to handle in the first three gears... Or get a 300 and climb cliffs off the pipe :shifty:

Cheers, only ridden it once so am still used to the xr400. Am in all honesty a bit scared of it now after it sending me to hospital:weird:

flyingcr250
15th May 2012, 19:06
Ive got one from a 2012 300xc you can have, ill never use it.

andy 101
15th May 2012, 19:57
If you need to de tune the moter you are better off changing the jetting in the carb. take a look though this site you will find something you want.

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showforum=10

Tony.OK
15th May 2012, 20:14
Ive got one from a 2012 300xc you can have, ill never use it.
Hey that'd be fantastic, should fit an 03?

If you need to de tune the moter you are better off changing the jetting in the carb. take a look though this site you will find something you want.

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showforum=10
Have joined there, found out after I hurt myself the 03 was a bit of a snappy eng.
Thoughts on a heavier flywheel weight?

ktm84mxc
18th May 2012, 09:20
First off I'd be checking the engine design as KTM changed the cases and cylinder, piston, crank in 03 the SX was a complete redesign unsure if they changed the EXC or waited till 04, easiest way to see is the 03 SX has a piston were the gudgeon pin a far way down the piston compared to the previous design have a look on online for a parts diagram.