PDA

View Full Version : Sky TV tonight (15 May) 'Motorcycle Crash Tech'

Oakie
15th May 2012, 19:50
On National Geographic channel ... 9.30 to 10.35
'An extraordinary, behind the scenes look at the remarkable new technologies being used to avoid motorcycle crashes and prevent injuries or even death, when a racer or rider goes down.'

rustic101
15th May 2012, 19:52
Any idea when it come to free on air lol bugger

sil3nt
15th May 2012, 21:03
I am assuming it is just a repeat?

From memory it wasn't that great. The previews made it look a lot better than it actually was.

Oakie
15th May 2012, 21:05
I am assuming it is just a repeat?

From memory it wasn't that great. The previews made it look a lot better than it actually was.

Dunno. Not seen before. I'll tell you in the morning.

Tigadee
15th May 2012, 21:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMuEURlkddo

Hitcher
15th May 2012, 22:41
This programme wasn't a documentary. It was an oversold advertorial for Italian motorcycle and bike gear manufacturers. Squid suppliers, if you will. Clothing and helmets don't stop bikers falling off. Testing on the track bears scant resemblance to the hazards that exist for those of us who ride on the roads.

Also Nolan don't make helmets for people with big heads and Alpinestars don't make apparel for fuller figured gents who like to wear their trousers OVER their non-coloured-plastic boots.

SMOKEU
15th May 2012, 22:43
Also Nolan don't make helmets for people with big heads and Alpinestars don't make apparel for fuller figured gents who like to wear their trousers OVER their non-coloured-plastic boots.

Lose some weight then. The bike will go faster and handle better, too.

Oakie
16th May 2012, 07:53
This programme wasn't a documentary. It was an oversold advertorial for Italian motorcycle and bike gear manufacturers. Squid suppliers, if you will. Clothing and helmets don't stop bikers falling off. Testing on the track bears scant resemblance to the hazards that exist for those of us who ride on the roads. .

Fair comment. Alpinestar, Nolan, Brembo, MV Agusta and Ducati were pretty well advertised. Interesting enough though.

raziel1983
16th May 2012, 16:38
There was also an MV Agusta Mega factories episode screening last night, will no doubt be repeated in the near future.. :)

Hitcher
16th May 2012, 20:44
Lose some weight then.

Unfortunately that still won't get me into a Nolan helmet.

Oakie
16th May 2012, 21:06
Unfortunately that still won't get me into a Nolan helmet.

But didn't some of your brains fall out recently?

Hitcher
16th May 2012, 21:07
But didn't some of your brains fall out recently?

All of them, actually. Who told you?

Oakie
16th May 2012, 21:17
All of them, actually. Who told you?

It was all over the 'net. And the road.