PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Daytona

awesomo3000
16th May 2012, 14:02
Recently damaged the clutch cover on my 2010 triumph daytona and wondering what's involved in replacing it with the new one. Do I need to drain all the oil out of the engine first? Any complications in removing the clutch cable assembly beforehand etc.
Cheers

HenryDorsetCase
16th May 2012, 15:35
I have done this job (not on a Daytona) on another bike by carefully cleaning around the join, leaning the bike over a long way (strapped to the garage trusses) then replacing the cover. BUT you would want to be sure that no shit had gotten inside your engine when you holed the cover. Mine had cracked, not worn through by sliding on the road.

For $30-$40 bucks worth of oil, why bother?

saul
16th May 2012, 19:16
Recently damaged the clutch cover on my 2010 triumph daytona and wondering what's involved in replacing it with the new one. Do I need to drain all the oil out of the engine first? Any complications in removing the clutch cable assembly beforehand etc.
Cheers

No problem at all taking it of and no issues with oil. Howevr, there is a trick getting the actuater back into the correct position. Pop onto triumph675.net and do a search there.:niceone: