PDA

View Full Version : Undercover parking in Newmarket?

English Kiwi
18th May 2012, 21:36
Hey all,

I've just started work in Newmarket and commute on my bike daily :) I am wondering...does anyone know of any undercover parking that I could use, that is near where all the car dealerships are on Great South Road/Broadway.

I've been parking in a small space underneath my work, next to a disabled space. However the park doesn't belong to my company! The guy who parks in the disabled spot (who's not disabled, but claims he pays for it so he can park there) drives a big 4x4 and really cannot park! He says that my tiny little Ninja 250 is in the way!

So basically to avoid the idiot in his big car that can't park, I'm looking for somewhere else.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hellzie
18th May 2012, 22:01
Quit your job and get a new one that has dedicated under cover bike parking.
:bleh:

Parlane
18th May 2012, 23:23
Quit your job and get a new one that has dedicated under cover bike parking.
:bleh:

Move to a city that has more parks than buildings. Like christchurch.

The End
19th May 2012, 00:07
I believe there is motorbike parking in the parking building behind Bond&Bond. I have never been in there myself but have seen bikes parked there plenty of times.

Kind of hard to describe, but if you know where that little park that has the fountain in the middle is, from there you will see motorbikes/scooters parked inside the building on the ground floor.

http://i.imgur.com/LjbmI.jpg

English Kiwi
19th May 2012, 19:23
I believe there is motorbike parking in the parking building behind Bond&Bond. I have never been in there myself but have seen bikes parked there plenty of times.

Kind of hard to describe, but if you know where that little park that has the fountain in the middle is, from there you will see motorbikes/scooters parked inside the building on the ground floor.

Hey, thanks for that.

I unfortunately work at the other end of the broadway, down towards Greenlane/Epsom way!

I was thinking about parking at 227 (westfield) but it's a bit of a walk, esp in the rain!

slixatzil
20th May 2012, 15:18
I work in Newmarket also and other than 277, I can't really recall any undercover parking off the top of my head.

Do you ride the lime green 250 on the Northwestern in the mornings?

English Kiwi
21st May 2012, 13:34
I work in Newmarket also and other than 277, I can't really recall any undercover parking off the top of my head.

Do you ride the lime green 250 on the Northwestern in the mornings?

Indeed that is me :) Kinda stands out ay? Think I've seen you go past a few times :) :scooter:

hmmm...may have to leave earlier and park in 277 then walk to work! Unless the I can have a chat to the guy in the big ass cage that can't park!:blink:

slixatzil
21st May 2012, 16:26
Indeed that is me :) Kinda stands out ay? Think I've seen you go past a few times :) :scooter:
Depends, there are quite a few Ninja riders on the Northwestern it seems, but I make sure to put out a foot or a give a thumbs up to those I see! Yours is the first I've seen in lime green, however, and I think I've only seen you once.

hmmm...may have to leave earlier and park in 277 then walk to work! Unless the I can have a chat to the guy in the big ass cage that can't park!:blink:

Sounds like your most likely option, unless you just want to leave your bike out in the small showers -- shouldn't kill your bike. If anyone does know of undercover parking, however, I'd be interested to know also.

The Pastor
21st May 2012, 16:51
http://maps.google.com/?ll=-36.876784,174.778879&spn=0.001714,0.002411&hnear=Mt+Roskill,+Auckland,+New+Zealand&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=-36.876717,174.778792&panoid=u8sQk8D65NkdHB9JJE7c-g&cbp=12,205.07,,0,7.31

Park in there, there is space and its undercover.

English Kiwi
21st May 2012, 20:51
Park in there, there is space and its undercover.

Yeh that's actually right next to my work, but all the parks seems to be allocated to different companies...

unless you know someone there and I can use a space??

The Pastor
21st May 2012, 22:47
Yeh that's actually right next to my work, but all the parks seems to be allocated to different companies...

unless you know someone there and I can use a space??

park in a corner etc

Gremlin
22nd May 2012, 03:37
Had a client in that building previously, very few unused corners in that building, and yes, the carparks are allocated, and cost a fair whack per year, each.