PDA

View Full Version : And on the 8th day...

Boob Johnson
19th May 2012, 16:56
God created heated grips!

Nuff said really.

http://iforce.co.nz/i/ahnaqrcx.wjr.jpg (http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=ahnaqrcx.wjr.jpg)

ajturbo
19th May 2012, 17:16
but then.... realized these were better

http://gerbing.com/Products/Gloves/T5.php

Maha
19th May 2012, 17:20
I thought that...on the 8th day God created Rock n roll?

....heated grips?...yeah I know alot of females that have 'em.

Oakie
19th May 2012, 17:36

Wouldn't be without mine. Call me a girly. I don't care. At least I'll be able to feel my switches n things.

Boob Johnson
19th May 2012, 18:49
He worked over time that day!

lol ouch! Look Maha, I didn't choose the new bike BECAUSE it had them, it's purely a coincidence, I swear it! Honestly!...........Oh fuck it! :weep:

Gremlin
19th May 2012, 21:04
I'll see your heated grips, and raise you factory heated grips! Ok... so uh, they don't have as many settings as the Oxford ones... *grumble grumble*

We'll wait until you discover heated vests then :devil2:

Boob Johnson
19th May 2012, 21:59
I'll see your heated grips, and raise you factory heated grips! Ok... so uh, they don't have as many settings as the Oxford ones... *grumble grumble*

We'll wait until you discover heated vests then :devil2:
Heated vest! Wow! And I thought I was being clever with my thermal top, i'm so out of touch!

Magnum Noel
19th May 2012, 22:06
God created heated grips!

Nuff said really.

And on the 8th month the Oxford heated grip controller craps out. Right at the begining of winter :baby:

Boob Johnson
19th May 2012, 22:14
And on the 8th month the Oxford heated grip controller craps out. Right at the begining of winter :baby:
There IS no God! :oi-grr:

pritch
19th May 2012, 22:59

Been through a few of those. It's a shame they could be brilliant with a better switch unit.

I still prefer heated grips to heated gloves, when traveling I carry spare gloves in case a pair get soaked.
Stiff shit if you had consecutive rainy days and you're relying on heated gloves?

Gremlin
19th May 2012, 23:05
Heated vest! Wow! And I thought I was being clever with my thermal top, i'm so out of touch!

http://www.exo2.co.uk/01023mc-stormrider-heated-body-warmer-p-38.html?cPath=17_5

I do suggest you use a controller as well... supposed to regulate temperature itself, I ended up with burns :weep: Controller is much safer. For the long rides in very cold weather, nothing beats inserting more heat into your body. Also allows you to wear slightly less gear.

Boob Johnson
19th May 2012, 23:10
Been through a few of those. It's a shame they could be brilliant with a better switch unit.

I still prefer heated grips to heated gloves, when traveling I carry spare gloves in case a pair get soaked.
Stiff shit if you had consecutive rainy days and you're relying on heated gloves?
I suspect that's why the unit is no longer on my latest steed. Tis been replaced with an aftermarket switch. I too carry two sets of gloves. Almost needed them today n all!

http://www.exo2.co.uk/01023mc-stormrider-heated-body-warmer-p-38.html?cPath=17_5

I do suggest you use a controller as well... supposed to regulate temperature itself, I ended up with burns :weep: Controller is much safer. For the long rides in very cold weather, nothing beats inserting more heat into your body. Also allows you to wear slightly less gear.
You kept riding whilst being burned? You're an ard man Gremlin! :bleh:

Gremlin
19th May 2012, 23:50
You kept riding whilst being burned? You're an ard man Gremlin! :bleh:
Did an evening/night ride from Auckland > East Cape > Pahiatua > Auckland in 2010 I think.

Ran the vest around East Cape, but felt very warm (still waiting for the controller to arrive - must have been on a canoe, it took months). Had to unplug to cool down. After a few hours every time I put it on it felt really hot in my lower back, so suspected I'd done something to myself. Got home, yep, 3 little burns on my back.

Shelved the vest until the controller arrived. :wait: Finally got to use it (NZ never really gets that cold, especially in Auckland) earlier this year down south, when I rode through the night, after getting rained on in the evening (no chance to dry out). Was so cold before donning the vest, it felt fantastic on setting 3-4, and it goes up to 9!

Boob Johnson
20th May 2012, 10:07
Did an evening/night ride from Auckland > East Cape > Pahiatua > Auckland in 2010 I think.

Ran the vest around East Cape, but felt very warm (still waiting for the controller to arrive - must have been on a canoe, it took months). Had to unplug to cool down. After a few hours every time I put it on it felt really hot in my lower back, so suspected I'd done something to myself. Got home, yep, 3 little burns on my back.

Shelved the vest until the controller arrived. :wait: Finally got to use it (NZ never really gets that cold, especially in Auckland) earlier this year down south, when I rode through the night, after getting rained on in the evening (no chance to dry out). Was so cold before donning the vest, it felt fantastic on setting 3-4, and it goes up to 9!
It's almost like cheating isn't it :laugh:

Gremlin
20th May 2012, 18:36
It's almost like cheating isn't it :laugh:
It's all how you phrase it of course :shifty: This allows me to ride in more weather conditions :sunny:

Bass
21st May 2012, 17:48
It's all how you phrase it of course :shifty: This allows me to ride in more weather conditions :sunny:

What????
What????

You have a GS!!! Weather is utterly irrelevant!!!!

Cement on your prunes I think!!!

MrKiwi
21st May 2012, 19:12
Wouldn't be without my (factory) heated grips, yeah getting soft in my old age...

Gremlin
22nd May 2012, 03:27
Cement on your prunes I think!!!
I'm not nearly old enough to require prunes yet :bleh:

Bass
22nd May 2012, 17:11
I'm not nearly old enough to require prunes yet :bleh:

Exactly!!

Thats why I suggested a dose of cement.

:facepalm: