PDA

View Full Version : Ohlins fork oil - how much to use?

BADGRL
22nd May 2012, 17:08
Hey guys, I have a 06 RMZ250 with Ohlins... how would one find out the measurements for how much oil the forks require??

Any advise would be greatly appreciated :)

Crasherfromwayback
22nd May 2012, 17:16
Hey guys, I have a 06 RMZ250 with Ohlins... how would one find out the measurements for how much oil the forks require??

Get hold of Robert Taylor.

oldskool
22nd May 2012, 18:51

Use something like this

http://www.motocrossparts.co.nz/motocross-parts-accessories.php?id=2851

Pussy
22nd May 2012, 19:24
Get hold of Robert Taylor.

...What he said!....

Crasherfromwayback
22nd May 2012, 19:38
...What he said!....

Robert just did the vintage Ohlins I got for Rachel's CR. Did a fantastic job I must say.

Boo
22nd May 2012, 20:23
Talk to robert, but application, trail and error. If he has done them before, fork level at present would be important. An understranding of what the fork will do when you add or remove oil also.

BADGRL
22nd May 2012, 20:36
Awesome cheers for all the advise! What I'm after is just the oil height measurement on these certain ohlins, I'm happy with everything else but I didn't buy the forks they came already on the bike and have been leaking... new seals are sorted but I have no idea what the oil height is meant to be? :S

Boo
22nd May 2012, 22:51
From what I heard ohlins use two types of oil. One for the inner frok chamber and a different one for the outer.