PDA

View Full Version : Deciduous trees?

slofox
27th May 2012, 11:00
What kind of loony-bin plants a stand of deciduous trees on a 45k corner on Waingaro Road?

That's the question I asked myself this morning when I found the back wheel coming up beside me to say hello...fortunately the front went as well and everything straightened itself out. Nothing to do with me I'd have to say. Didn't even have time for the sphincter to go TWOING!

Interesting how such slides are far worse in the imagining than in reality. Up to a point that is. :calm: :crazy::thud:

Road kill
27th May 2012, 11:10
I'd plant something like that,,,gives the local bickies something different to blame when they give themselves a scare.:bleh:

Well done in keeping the bright side up.

slofox
27th May 2012, 11:16
Well done in keeping the bright side up.

That bit had nothing to do with me. It just sorted itself before I could stuff everything up by getting involved.

Pussy
27th May 2012, 11:19
Just build your own PRIVATE road, and don't plant any deciduous trees. Sorted.

GrayWolf
27th May 2012, 11:45
What kind of loony-bin approaches a stand of deciduous trees on a 45k corner on Waingaro Road? Without anticipating said Deciduous trees dropping leaves onto the Queens Highway?
That's the question I should have asked myself this morning when I found the back wheel coming up beside me to say hello..

There fixed for Ya Mate!!! :niceone::rolleyes::devil2:

Boob Johnson
27th May 2012, 12:01
What kind of loony-bin plants a stand of deciduous trees on a 45k corner on Waingaro Road?

That's the question I asked myself this morning when I found the back wheel coming up beside me to say hello...fortunately the front went as well and everything straightened itself out. Nothing to do with me I'd have to say. Didn't even have time for the sphincter to go TWOING!

Interesting how such slides are far worse in the imagining than in reality. Up to a point that is. :calm: :crazy::thud:
Did you not see the leaves before entering the corner?

Maha
27th May 2012, 12:07
I mentioned to Anne last weekend before we set out to ''watch for leaves on the road, with recent rain, some parts will still be damp''
Tis the seaon...be vigilant, to ensure you return safe and hapy with your days riding.

bluninja
27th May 2012, 12:38
If you ever go to the UK in the autumn you will have so much fun sliding on leaves you didn't know were there :devil2: I just have to make do with spinning up the rear on wet shiny tarmac as I head up SH3 away from work.

Glad it stayed shiny side up....just shows how 'stable' bikes are if the rider doesn't get the chance to screw it up with their input :cool:

slofox
27th May 2012, 13:10
There fixed for Ya Mate!!! :niceone::rolleyes::devil2:

Ahhh but I did see the leaves and I did take appropriate action. Which is no doubt why we stayed upright. Fact is I doubt if you could have walked around that corner with some slippage - it was pretty manky. My main concern was meeting a boy racer or an SUV coming the other way.

Did you not see the leaves before entering the corner?

See above.

Boob Johnson
27th May 2012, 14:37
Ahhh but I did see the leaves and I did take appropriate action. Which is no doubt why we stayed upright. Fact is I doubt if you could have walked around that corner with some slippage - it was pretty manky. My main concern was meeting a boy racer or an SUV coming the other way.

See above.
Struth, how fast were you going?

Subike
27th May 2012, 14:51
Me happy to know you survived this little adventure with a happy smile.

Now I give you a thanks for reminding us about the leaves,

Starting work at 6.30am, means riding to work in the dark,
Traversing residential roads it will need a little more caution because of leaves.
:niceone:

Swoop
27th May 2012, 16:41
Cut down trees!

They are a hazard to lightning.