PDA

View Full Version : ZXR250c air pipes?

Spoonrider
28th May 2012, 13:13
Hi guys,

Has probably been asked before but...

I have a 1994 ZXR 250c and I am sure like many of them the two pipes that go from the top of the front fender to the top of the gas tank have perished and have a few cracks in them. Now, these parts are nearly impossible to find second hand (have been trying for a while, found some new ones on ebay but they were only RH ones). Has anyone repair these themselves using normal flexible hose and if so how did you do it and where did you get the hose from etc...

There was one thread on here about it but it was so old that the linked pictures are no longer viewable.

Cheers

The Pastor
28th May 2012, 13:48
Hi guys,

Has probably been asked before but...

I have a 1994 ZXR 250c and I am sure like many of them the two pipes that go from the top of the front fender to the top of the gas tank have perished and have a few cracks in them. Now, these parts are nearly impossible to find second hand (have been trying for a while, found some new ones on ebay but they were only RH ones). Has anyone repair these themselves using normal flexible hose and if so how did you do it and where did you get the hose from etc...

There was one thread on here about it but it was so old that the linked pictures are no longer viewable.

Cheers

the pipes are fake and dont do anything, so anything you can make to fit / look good will work.

bogan
28th May 2012, 13:49
the pipes are fake and dont do anything, so anything you can make to fit / look good will work.

Plenty of vacuum cleaners come with hoses a bit too long anyway :shifty:

Spoonrider
28th May 2012, 13:52
Yeah I am aware they are fake, just getting of ideas on how to make a replacement that looks good.

FJRider
28th May 2012, 13:54
Most plumbing shops will have (or able to get) what you want at a lot less the price of the original items ..

ducatilover
28th May 2012, 15:51
Most plumbing shops will have (or able to get) what you want at a lot less the price of the original items ..
This.
Thankfully you have fake ram air, because making new ones for proper ram air would need to be very exact :niceone: