PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy in Auckland

MSTRS
5th June 2012, 17:26
Friends of ours are wanting to buy a house in Auckland. They are sick of the real estate hype and bullshit and have reached the point where not even TM excites them.
So I said I'd ask KB if anyone can help. I'm not sure what their requirements are, but I do know that the area/s they'd be interested in are ' extensive' shall we say. I believe the preference is North of the bridge but that's not set in concrete.
PM me if preferred and I'll pass the details on.
Cheers

Big Dave
5th June 2012, 19:22
I think you'll find the Bridge IS set in concrete.

Swoop
5th June 2012, 19:47
"North of the bridge"?:rofl:

So, they like sitting in a parking lot?:rolleyes:

Maha
5th June 2012, 20:54
I saw a Barfoot and Thompson sign on the Moerewa AFFCO fence yesterday...is that to far north?...:rolleyes:

Laava
5th June 2012, 20:55
I have THE perfect domicile for sale here in Whangarei, just north of the bridge.

Oh, and, very funny Big Dave.

Madness
5th June 2012, 21:00
You have tried to talk some sense into them, right?

HenryDorsetCase
5th June 2012, 21:01
I think you'll find the Bridge IS set in concrete.

I see what you did there

YellowDog
5th June 2012, 21:07
Auckland eh!

The streets are paved with gold and there is low hanging fruit all around.

If they have around $800k of spare cash - they can't go wrong :lol:

Big Dave
5th June 2012, 22:21
I see what you did there

'They laughed when I said I wanted to be a Comedian, well they're not laughing now'. - Monkhouse, B.

flyingcrocodile46
5th June 2012, 22:43
Friends of ours are wanting to buy a house in Auckland. They are sick of the real estate hype and bullshit and have reached the point where not even TM excites them.

Warming Gel?

Tell them to send me their money up front and I'll sort them out with a nice home appraised by a building surveyor condition report with projected minimum 2 years of nil maintenance expenditure for $250,000 plus $125,000 per bedroom. Single level 1 car garage/laundry, kitchen with combined dining/lounge and 1 bathroom plus a WC for 1 bdrm. Or 2 story with double garage, separate lounge and family/dining room and ensuite for two or more bedrooms, (and extra bathroom for 4 or more bedrooms). Possession within 8 weeks of receipt of payment. No real estate hype, no trademe, no hassles, no negotiations and no refunds. Just send the money sit back and shut up.

How simple is that?:cool:

carburator
6th June 2012, 04:47
I grew up in the bad lands of otara, hell we did'nt live on the wrong side of the railways tracks
us kids used to rip them up to sell to the scrapmetal merchant..

Just sold the missues house, I can't beleive that someone would pay 430K for a 1970's
early keith hay home thats fucked, no insulation what so ever ( no garage ) and a usless
lump of dirt that you need to be a billy goat on to use ( ok the sea view to a manukau might
be a selling point but really ...

the hype is just that hype and some of the over priced shit Ive look at at lately still proves
that there are dreamers out there..

for the record Ive lived in a box, admittly lower manhatten island where people get really creative
about saving space.. but home is home where the duffle bag is thrown and the toolboxes get stacked..

6th June 2012, 15:37
Shouldn't this be in joke and humor thread section? :lol:

MSTRS
6th June 2012, 16:29

In retrospect...yes

caspernz
6th June 2012, 19:51

With Big Dave on the case, it is :clap:

DMNTD
6th June 2012, 21:01
There are heaps of good deals going up this way but I guess that is completely relevant to their personal position.
Best option IMO is to rent in an area that they think would suit their needs and then take it from there 12 months later as it would be long enough for them to work out if it really is what they are after.
Plenty of good deals around as I said...$400k can buy a reasonable home if you're smart about it.
$800k will buy a reasonable home too

gunnyrob
7th June 2012, 17:39
They could always come out West. I bought for $360k 18 months ago and have only been burgled once!:niceone: