PDA

View Full Version : Good luck turns bad

Sparky Bills
1st August 2005, 16:42
Last night, got pulled over going a bit faster than what im meant to (as ya do)
Did the whole yes sir sorry sir yarda yarda...
Then the coppa got a call to a crash, so basically said your lucky this time on your way then.
SWEEEEET!!!!!

THEN...
Going down the motorway today, SHIT!!! NOT AGAIN!!!
once again, a bit faster than i should be going. I slam on the rear brake, he got me for 113!!!
$80 and 20 demerrits!!! 20!!!!!!!!
Gave me another $200 fine for not displaying my wof and reg. FAARRRRRK!!!!
But should be able to get off that one, as i do have a wof and reg.

One more ticket, and im walking. Only 10 left.
BUGGER!

riffer
1st August 2005, 16:55
Welcome to the 90-odd demerits club Sparky. :whistle:

MD
1st August 2005, 17:33
$80 and 20 demerrits!!! 20!!!!!!!!

BUGGER!
bad luck Sparky. Suggest you trade up to a scooter for awhile. 90 points, that's what sent me to the radar man. That peace of mind if you drift above 110kph.

White trash
1st August 2005, 18:44
Three words that you gotta learn, young Bills.

Are.

You.

Enn.

pyrocam
1st August 2005, 18:54
bad luck Sparky. Suggest you trade up to a scooter for awhile. 90 points, that's what sent me to the radar man. That peace of mind if you drift above 110kph.

lol if you drift?

If I drift above 110 my bike drifts apart

but are they handy for other stuff. like..... MW lanesplitting and such? I spose would need one front rear and sides....?

Flyingpony
1st August 2005, 19:00
What are demerits points :whistle:
What are speeding tickets :whistle:
Actually, what are fines :yes:

Be good and you'll keep riding.
When your next set of dermerits points expire?

loosebruce
1st August 2005, 19:05
once again, a bit faster than i should be going. I slam on the rear brake, he got me for 113!!!

Unlucky man, but why slam on the rear brake? You would've scrubbed more speed off with front, 3-4 less kph would've made a bit of a difference to your ticket.

froggyfrenchman
1st August 2005, 19:26
bad luck man. hope it works out for u

sAsLEX
1st August 2005, 19:31
Unlucky man, but why slam on the rear brake? You would've scrubbed more speed off with front, 3-4 less kph would've made a bit of a difference to your ticket.

rear is less noticable than a two foot rolling stoppie down the motorway trying to scrub off speed

Hooks
1st August 2005, 19:34
See mate ... you need a bike like mine .. !! The cops take one look at it and think their radar is on the blink ... "a heap of shit like that can't go that fast, surely" !! :weird:

I have yet to get into that club of yours ... but not the want of trying that's for sure ..... :whistle: :rofl:

riffer
1st August 2005, 19:36
rear is less noticable than a two foot rolling stoppie down the motorway trying to scrub off speed

LOL I must dig out an old speed camera photo from when they first came out.

My 1984 VH SS 4.2 Commodore, smoke howling out of the back tyres. 143 km/hr.

Ouch. That one hurt.

I'm much more grown up now. I ride something with a bettter abi9lity to slow down while they're getting a fix on you... :whistle:

madboy
1st August 2005, 19:39
Tips for ensuring the "90-point" club doesn't become the "disq rider" club:

Left hand, engage clutch, downchange three times
Right hand, twist really really hard...

loosebruce
1st August 2005, 19:43

Yea okay but what does the radar gun say, thats all that matters in a speeding ticket, cop knows you're going fast, you know, radar gun doesn't prove it......

sAsLEX
1st August 2005, 19:59
Yea okay but what does the radar gun say, thats all that matters in a speeding ticket, cop knows you're going fast, you know, radar gun doesn't prove it......

ahh but cause the copper is looking at ya dont mean he is lighting you up on his radar, in some area they only "ping" ones that look suspicous *sp* or else they warn every joe/MD farther down the road who is running a radar detector of their presence, thus a sneaky braking from a slightly high speed may result in you not getting pinged and caught,

JohnBoy
1st August 2005, 20:03
BUGGER!

The old 3 month driving holiday eh SB? :rofl:

pity about the $200 no reg fine.. that just says to me that the cop was a bit of a wanker, but i suppose thems the brakes!
why dont you chase down old Phill Edwards for your radar??

1 piece of advice mate, ring up the LTSA and find out when your points expire from old fines and try and work out when its the best time to pay it to limit how long your at 90 points, might just save your licence. trust me dude, you dont want to lose it, its pure arse!

Zed
1st August 2005, 20:06
THEN...
Going down the motorway today, SHIT!!! NOT AGAIN!!!
once again, a bit faster than i should be going.Well it's either luck like you say or it happened for a reason?? 113kms on the motorway is splitting hairs innit!? :mad:

Hitcher
1st August 2005, 20:12
I'm lucky Mr Law wasn't patrolling the Foxton-Shannon road on Saturday. Yea verily, I was a VERY naughty boy...

I haven't been pinged yet on a bike (touch wood). Not the same story in the car though.

Two Smoker
1st August 2005, 20:18
Just wait till you get in my club... the 95 demerit point club....

White trash
1st August 2005, 20:18
pity about the $200 no reg fine.. that just says to me that the cop was a bit of a wanker,

Why was the cop a wanker? Should we not have to register vehicles now days? If you fall off with no rego and injure yourself so you can't work, should you be able to still claim ACC?

Law's a law. You break it and get caught, do the time. Cop's doing his job, not being a wanker.

JohnBoy
1st August 2005, 20:31

i am sorry if i came across as defying the idea of registration, but this is the context in which i ment. :yes:

i am sorry for the confusion WT

White trash
1st August 2005, 20:32
i am sorry if i came across as defying the idea of registration, but this is the context in which i ment. :yes:

i am sorry for the confusion WT

*removing foot from mouth*

Sorry mate, goes to show how well I read shit. What a fuckwit.

JohnBoy
1st August 2005, 20:35
*removing foot from mouth*

No dramas, i am just as guilty most of the time too!

riffer
1st August 2005, 21:27

Just wondering ... does anyone here have more than 95 demerits ... and still have their licence?

Toast
1st August 2005, 22:00

Agreed...

shit I wouln't stop after 50 points...

especially when I know it would mean 50 more.

gav
1st August 2005, 22:07
Just slow down, ya wanker.....

Toast
1st August 2005, 22:10
Just slow down, ya wanker.....

Shit, now there's an idea...

Dafe
1st August 2005, 22:16
What are demerits points :whistle:
What are speeding tickets :whistle:
Actually, what are fines :yes:

Be good and you'll keep riding.
When your next set of dermerits points expire?
Me too!!! Four years and counting in the Zero club!

Sparky Bills
1st August 2005, 22:32
The copa had me and my number plate, so doing a runner wasnt an option.

Does anyone know of a good bike store where I can buy a slower bike???
Possibly a Suzuki may do :whistle:
Actually...
I dont really want to go that slow. :rofl:

raster
1st August 2005, 22:48
Well it's either luck like you say or it happened for a reason?? 113kms on the motorway is splitting hairs innit!? :mad:

I have had 3 speeding camera fines, each doing 11Ks over limit, Consistant Aye! One going down Bombays overtaking.

I do about 20 - 30,000Ks a year mostly in AK in various cages.

Lou Girardin
2nd August 2005, 10:50
Maybe if you used both brakes he might not have got a lock-on.
Then again, 2 stops in 24 hours should be telling you summat.
Contact discountbay for a detector.

Motoracer
2nd August 2005, 11:28
Stink, man...

mikey
2nd August 2005, 11:33
The old 3 month driving holiday eh SB? :rofl:

i am sure that you lose all licences, not just bike licence, so will be a walking holiday.

bungbung
2nd August 2005, 13:31
Yep, you get a knock on your door in the morning, and the nice man asks for your licence.

Of course, I couldn't find it could I? so I promised to drop it off when I did find it.

Which turned out to be never. (that is dropping it off, I found it two days later).

906Paso
2nd August 2005, 13:33

Hey im in that club...Paying for the membership hurt that back pocket however.

TonyB
2nd August 2005, 13:37

What, and blow the engine up? Or do we let the clutch out again? This is important- I must know, apparently thinking "What would madboy do?" can save you from all sorts of situations.

BNZ
2nd August 2005, 13:44
1 piece of advice mate, ring up the LTSA and find out when your points expire from old fines and try and work out when its the best time to pay it to limit how long your at 90 points, might just save your licence. trust me dude, you dont want to lose it, its pure arse!

That loophole was closed a few years ago!

BNZ
2nd August 2005, 13:49
Radar detectors are a life saver. I use a V1 in the cage for going skiing every weekend. Sure the cop sees the front of my car dip as I haul on the brakes but I dont care, as long as I do it before he gets a reading! Normally they see this, flash their lights at me and thats it.

Lou Girardin
2nd August 2005, 14:37
This mornings tax saver was a warning 100 metres before the crest of a rise with Mr Law 300 metres further on.

JohnBoy
2nd August 2005, 19:52
That loophole was closed a few years ago!

demerit points only come onto your name when the fine is processed weather you overpay or not. remember, a fine is only an algedged event not a sentance.
what i ment by checking the dates on the points is to find out when points are removed, ie: if 20 points are due to be removed in 6 weeks then it would be in your best intrest to pay the fine after the points come off then in a worst case you get a fine you dont loose your licence!

Sparky Bills
2nd August 2005, 22:23
Its all good, Ill just have to find a radar detector. :devil2:

anhrefn
2nd August 2005, 22:34
How come every cop that pulls you up and gives you a ticket for your bike seems there some kind of mechanical expert? Last time I got a ticket on my bike the orificer said my back wheel looked wonky. I dont think he approved of me telling him he may need glasses. Its amazing how much they try to tie to you when they dont like you lol.

Gremlin
3rd August 2005, 01:39
The copa had me and my number plate, so doing a runner wasnt an option.

Does anyone know of a good bike store where I can buy a slower bike???
Possibly a Suzuki may do :whistle:
Actually...
I dont really want to go that slow. :rofl:
You can borrow my zzr if you want :yes: Although it can still speed, so you would still have to be a little careful. On the bright side, it doesn't like accelerating over 100 when going up hills (well, its that or I'm too fat - which would you choose?)

Of course I would need something for transport, swapping would be fine. I'll let you pick between - hmm what's your profile say - the R1 or the 900ss. I don't mind either way :devil2:

Although, I might need the zzr back, especially if I proportionately increase my speeds with respect to cc... :love:

Sniper
3rd August 2005, 08:36
Welcome to the 90-odd demerits club Sparky. :whistle:

Yep Im there too 95 demerits til Nov 2006

Sparky Bills
3rd August 2005, 08:58
How come every cop that pulls you up and gives you a ticket for your bike seems there some kind of mechanical expert?

This coppa saw my back tyre (which is a supercorsa) and said that i should have tread on the edges, or i wont have any grip :weird:
I dont think he knows that bike tyres are opposite to cars. Then he didnt believe me that they were road legal.

Sparky Bills
3rd August 2005, 08:59
Of course I would need something for transport, swapping would be fine. I'll let you pick between - hmm what's your profile say - the R1 or the 900ss. I don't mind either way :devil2:

Sorry mate, The Duc is far from road legal. And well the R1...
Ummm....

its dirty :yes:

Pickle
3rd August 2005, 20:36
I could sell you a CT110, then you wont have any choice but going slow
Reg & WOF BUT it is a Honda

NordieBoy
3rd August 2005, 21:23

So let's see...

For my bike that would be not good...

Ok, first thing is that the revs would try and go from 6000 to approx 15000 whilst the redline (and limiter) comes in at 7250 (normal 2nd gear redlined would be about 50-60kph), hmmm not good - mmmmm new valves.

On my bike the step to take would be just open it up as you're already at the fun starting rev range and you'd just have to hang on through all that whiplash inducing acceleration up 'till the limiter kicks in at 155kph and then you'd get an even bigger ticket :(

Good thing I don't speed then isn't it :D