PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye L plate

Potzman
1st August 2005, 18:37
Yay! Have just passed my restricted licence test :ride:
Man I was sweating it leading up to the test, you know the old " do I know all the road rules" or " I hope I dont f@ck up" but I neednt have worried cause it was a peace of piss.

Turned up 10 minutes early, eager as usual but damnded if I was going to be late, only to find that they didnt have any written record of my test being booked in ??? what the f@ck! ok here come the shakes. After 7 worrying minutes they come to the conclusion that I am booked under the wrong name, what an awesome start! :crazy:

So he does all the checks on the bike, makes sure the indicators work and brake light does something when u jump on the brake levers, and compliments my nice shining and well fitted L-plate( little does he know I made it the day before from the back of a yellow pages phone book cause I was board at work) then tells me to go park outside the carpark and wait for further directions. I get given some directions to go right, right again at a roundabout, stop on the hill and perform a hill start, left at intersection, then left again and stop. Sweet sounds good so off I go making sure I dont speed and checking my mirrors, looking around and indicating as we all should. Hill start is a minter but then it all goes horribly wrong, I lose him at the intersection.

Here I am just down this side road bike idling looking back at traffic thinking he will come down any minute now.... oh no, I dont think so. I must have waited there for about 10 minutes, had to switch bike off as it was getting to hot just idling! :no:
Right now I'm thinking that he will fail me and I stuffed up big time but then suddenly it dawns on me that how the hell am I going to find him or he find me, what a cock up!!
I end up going back to the AA centre where I started to report assesor missing in action but luckily he had the same idea and he arives just as I do..whew!!

So we start again and this time I make sure he follows me all the way( turns out I had gone down the correct road but he wanted me to stop before the road, god knows where he went??)we go round a sharp bend and another intersection then hey I'm done and he throws a pen and temp licence at me before I can get a glove off! Awesome!!

It would have been really short and simple if I hadnt have lost him first time round( he admitted its the first time it has ever happended to him) so if your intending on doing your restricted ride test any time soon, dont stress cause its really easy if you stick to the road rules and dont get lost! :ride:

Licencing office test was conducted at: AA westgate
Difficulty: Easy

Coyote
1st August 2005, 18:41
Lucky you. I was failed for minor things and lost my 88.20 bucks

Congrats though. Have fun at 100k :niceone:

scooterboynz
1st August 2005, 18:43
congrats! :Punk:

HDTboy
1st August 2005, 18:45
Licencing office test was conducted at: AA westgate
Difficulty: Easy
did they charge you $300?

Keystone19
1st August 2005, 18:50
did they charge you $300?

Wasn't it $400 and smile sweetly at the tester, at which point he hands over the license and tells you to get lost.

Sounds like in this case it was the tester that got lost...

btw Congrats on passing :yes:

Rincewind
1st August 2005, 19:31
well done my friend, now go out and learn how to ride, maintain your machine well and have hours of freedom and pleasure. Good luck.

JohnBoy
1st August 2005, 20:09
good one mate, one step close to the bigger bikes! :Punk:

MiXeR
12th August 2005, 20:00
Ok you might get a kick out of this.

My US license is worthless in Europe so I finally decide to take the test (after I've been riding for over 20 years)

Skipping the written part (I got up after 10 minutes and they though I was quitting whereas I was done and had to wait 2 hours for the others)

A friend loans me an R80GS for the test with Italian plates, the examiner gives me a oneway radio (earphone in helmet) and tells me: "Keep going and turn ONLY when I tell you to, I'll give you forewaring". The examiner follows in a car.

Ok off we go, exit to the right, second left... Trieste is a very hilly city and it usually screws new drivers in that they stall veihicles like crazy, the left turn takes me into a narrow road with not enough room for the car to follow me, I keep going.

When I get to the "end" of the road I have two choices, turn left (but the examiner hasn't told me to) or go straight into a cul-de-sac (roadway without exit) that climbs sharply and is made with flagstones.

Being the ligious citizen that I am, (when I feel like it), I go straight. The road rapidly assumes an upgrade of 28% before ending in a flight of stairs. I autonomously decide to stop and turn around at the chain barring transit.

The examiner was not pissed, he passed me after driving another 20 minutes (damn near first time I ever observed the speed limit in town) but when I kidded him about the 28% upgrade in the road with no exit, the kids who still had to take the test opened their eyes like teacups. Hope I didn't scare them for nothing.

poorbastard
12th August 2005, 21:53
:Punk: :Punk: :Punk: Congrats man :Punk: :Punk: :Punk: Have fun at 100kmph :ride:

GR81
18th August 2005, 12:35
Lucky you. I was failed for minor things and lost my 88.20 bucks
$88.20 to do a 10min test ha?

i should really get around to it... 8 years on the learners is a little too long i think :(

do any of the AA's etc do the test on the shore?