PDA

View Full Version : Chrome

Jackrat
28th December 2003, 14:42
So who does the best chrome plateing in the north island??
I got some stuff I need done an I want it done right.
Thanks.

Motu
28th December 2003, 15:02
Long time since I had any chroming done - I use black paint from a can now.Eden were always the best,but may have gone through 5 ownership changes since I used them.

Kiwi
28th December 2003, 15:22
Hi
Near AMPS is an electroplater. Sorry, I forgot the name, but he did the stuff for my BMW R25/3 - not too bad. I hope it will help you

see ya
Kiwi

Jackrat
28th December 2003, 16:02
Yep,Thanks fella,s looks like Mt eden will be first port of call.

Motu
28th December 2003, 16:10
Hi
Near AMPS is an electroplater. Sorry, I forgot the name, but he did the stuff for my BMW R25/3 - not too bad. I hope it will help you

see ya
Kiwi

Yep,that's Eden Electroplaters - when I had some stuff done years n years ago they told me it wouldn't rust...so when I cut the exhaust pipe back a bit I tossed the offcut onto the carport roof....it was there for years,always shiny,never went to rust.

What?
28th December 2003, 18:51
Jack - I suggest asking your local hot rod club for recommendations.
Also - I was yarning with a Hells Angel about chrome on his hardly credible a few years back, he recommended browns Bay platers. But like Motu says, it was a few years back...

GPz
31st January 2004, 09:46
Jack,
Have you sorted out the chroming you were going to do,
It would be interesting to hear about the price, quality, service etc you recieved from the chromers. and which company you used.

Jackrat
31st January 2004, 10:08
Jack,
Have you sorted out the chroming you were going to do,
It would be interesting to hear about the price, quality, service etc you recieved from the chromers. and which company you used.

Sorry mate it's still on the long term plan as yet.
About the only thing I can tell you is don't go anywhere near Otahuhu Electro
platers,I have used em' in the past an was not happy. :angry2:

HDSpringer
24th September 2004, 22:21
Nice bit of info here people, I have been using Forlong and Maisey in Hamilton, they took 5 months to do the last bit of chrome for me, the wife was spitting tacks as it was her bike of the road. Be rest assure dthey are no longer my prefered platers. I have seen some of Otahuhu Electro platers work at Hot rod shows and have been tempted to use them. I guess I won't be looking at them now. The last couple of bits I had done was at Hamilton Polishers, the quality looks good, and the owner, Darin, seems like a pretty decent bloke, of course the test will be if it stays on.

TOTO
30th March 2009, 22:34
Yep,that's Eden Electroplaters - when I had some stuff done years n years ago they told me it wouldn't rust...so when I cut the exhaust pipe back a bit I tossed the offcut onto the carport roof....it was there for years,always shiny,never went to rust.

Good info mate :niceone:

Will check them out tomorrow :yes:

Storm
30th March 2009, 22:57
Nice thread dredge- 5 years has to be the site record (its only been up for six years !!! :bleh: )

TOTO
30th March 2009, 23:14
Nice thread dredge- 5 years has to be the site record (its only been up for six years !!! :bleh: )

the info is still valuable and as the company still exists ( I checked yellow pages) it is still current :niceone: