PDA

View Full Version : sunday ride - stony batter

texmo
1st August 2005, 18:43
Ride to Stony Batter on Waiheke Island.
When: 7th august 1st Sunday of the month. 8:30am departure, 2:30pm return.
Where: Half Moon Bay.
Cost: $40 return for a person and there scooter. plus some money for a bit of food or you can bring your own.

This will be a ride out to stony batter on Waiheke island, Its a gun emplacement much like the one on north head but much bigger. This ride will be for any one with a scooter so the people out there who haven't been on a Sunday ride because you are on a 50cc bike that's no excuse here, and if this great ride isn't enough to lure you to come then scooter world will be giving out spot prizes as well. We will be meeting at Half Moon Bay, Bucklands Beach. Aaron will be there at 8am getting ready for the 8:30am departure ( if you're late the ferry won't wait for you). If you want to come on this ride send me an email texmo99@gmail.com

Motu
1st August 2005, 20:11
It's a long time since I've been to Stoney Batter - while you are walking around the tunnels and up and down the stairs in total darkness....imagine how much fun it was riding dirt bikes in there.... :whistle:

Two Smoker
1st August 2005, 20:31
It's a long time since I've been to Stoney Batter - while you are walking around the tunnels and up and down the stairs in total darkness....imagine how much fun it was riding dirt bikes in there.... :whistle:

Its been ruined by the rich bastard that owns it... Its got lighting and now costs around $10 to get in :crybaby: If i had a trial bike i would be dead keen...

sAsLEX
1st August 2005, 22:21
i tried push biking out there once, a long way to try make in between ferrys had to turn back about half a k short due to cramp and having to make a ferry

oscar the cat
1st August 2005, 22:43
Its been ruined by the rich bastard that owns it... Its got lighting and now costs around $10 to get in :crybaby: If i had a trial bike i would be dead keen...

its not owned by the "rich bastard" and he dont charge $10 to get in, the monie is paid to a group that run and restore the buildings and have spend a lot of monie putting in the lights and walkways monies that has mostly been fundrasied on the island

ex waihekeian

Motu
1st August 2005, 23:41
First of all they put up a fence and you had to walk down to Stony Batter,but you could still do the ''loop road'',then he put in big dirt mounds that blocked off his property,and the loop road with it.Public still had access to the beaches,but had to walk all the way.We reckoned we could of jumped the hump down at Man O War Bay,but wouldn't be able to get out again.

It was just a silly thing that happened when the Defence Dept,or whoever,built the gun emplacement and the road to access it,but didn't claim the road or emplacement property....and it didn't really matter until John Spencer came along.He had his point,but he and the Council went about the whole thing wrong,at loggerheads and neither backing down.Cost the ratepayers millions when it could of been settled with a handshake.

Doing the loop road on a bike was a heap of fun,it was like the top end of Coromandle - no road side fences and gates to get off and open and close,gravel all the way from Onetangi.

texmo
2nd August 2005, 17:13
there isnt any lighting in there i went a week a go to do a recon, and its $5 a head or something like that.

skidMark
2nd August 2005, 21:02
hmmm ....opens wallet...ahhh mum ...dad money please :rofl:

texmo
5th August 2005, 13:41
We have over $250 worht of prizes to give away on sunday. Including t-shirts, gloves, key rings, oil and much much more.