PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shite!!

gav
1st August 2005, 22:00
Check this out!!

OK, this is an incredible motocross video. Here's the backstory.

It happened in the Swedish championship about 15 months ago, the rider's name is André Nilsson. He was leading the championship in the MX3 class when he got hit by another rider who's throttle stuck wide open and the slipper clutch he was using wouldn't disengage. The other rider landed off a highspeed jump which was directly followed by a sharp lefthander. He went straight through a net-barrier and flew over a ditch to hit André.

André broke almost every bone in his body, his heart was badly damaged, his lungs collapsed and he had some bleeding in the brain. He was in coma for 12 days.

However, somehow he survived and last week, he raced again. Just as amazingly, in that race he took the holeshot and finished 10.
Now you know the story, watch the video here.

http://x302.putfile.com/videos/d2-17411515555.mpg

Bren_chch
1st August 2005, 22:52
i hate watching shit like that, but i'm gana have to now!!!! downloading...

Bren_chch
1st August 2005, 22:55
i hate watching shit like that, but i'm gana have to now!!!! downloading...

YEP! thats nasty... he wouldnt have felt a thing though!

Dafe
1st August 2005, 23:05
freck! thats guys very lucky to have survived. Can't believe the other biker didn't aim for the gap or ditch his bike sooner.

badlieutenant
1st August 2005, 23:10
yep, that made me feel a bit ill..............

Trakxntrials
3rd August 2005, 16:47
Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - that was some nasty accident.

Those two fella's are lucky to be up and walking, let alone race again.

That sent chills throught my body.

Just like the latest castrophy at Manfield - did anyone catch that on the news. They were asking all spectators if anyone caught that accident on a movie cam.
What I want to know is where were the Race Marshalls and why didn't they keep an eye out for any loose bikes on the track. :oi-grr:

MoFunthanmost
3rd August 2005, 17:04
ohhhh, not good - why the hell did that guy leave the track and keep going!! he shoulda bailed!

Trakxntrials
3rd August 2005, 17:16
the rider who's bike throttle & clutch buggered up on him was new to the MX scene - did he panic - why didn't he lay the bike down ??? It all happened so fast - scary, really scary. :confused:

DingDong
3rd August 2005, 18:28
wow! now thats a keeper :clap:

Coyote
3rd August 2005, 18:34
Holy shit thats nasty

NordieBoy
3rd August 2005, 19:25
Or Doug Henry's crash...

XTC
3rd August 2005, 21:22
Jeez Doug jumped a bloody long way..... If he'd pulled that off he woulda been a hero!!

Brian d marge
3rd August 2005, 23:51
I can testify to that ...off a small jump may be 3 foot high ..flat out on me CR 250 and the grip boke away where ( I think I had been slamming the throttle open in the corners )
Full thottle off the jump stuck wide open....... Even a coward like me bailed out ,,,, ( had to trees coming ) ...

That doug Henry crash ,,,where did he come from .... 2 bike up the hill suddenly from out of the sky ..he drops in ....man he cased that one ....

Still you have to love that air time he got ..man he was flying .....

Love MX its great

Stephen

ajturbo
4th August 2005, 06:59
i was at a rally in the south a few years ago... a guy pulled a wheely on an auto matic trail bike... he lost it but didn't let go of the throtle...... it pulled him along the ground for ages!!!:weird: