PDA

View Full Version : Qmoto?

Coneamahfone
13th June 2012, 11:22
does anyone have the inside edge/info on where Bret is? ordered some gloves online sent them a few emails but no reply.

Maha
13th June 2012, 11:23
Think the bubble finally popped.

sil3nt
13th June 2012, 11:40
If facebook is correct then he is out of the country at the moment.

Matt Bleck
13th June 2012, 12:58
From what I understand Qmoto is going through a change of ownership so that may cause some delay's.

Coneamahfone
13th June 2012, 13:04
cool thanks guys, its a shame nothing like that shows on the website.

ckai
13th June 2012, 14:30
oooh rumours. I like rumours. I heard a big giant alien spider...;)

Seriously though, I was wondering the same thing. I know he moved on from KB - and that is not a reason for anyone to take this off topic :nono:

slofox
13th June 2012, 14:37
I was pretty sure Brett had sold the qmoto business. But I wouldn't like to bet my arse on it...

Coneamahfone
13th June 2012, 14:43
Just spoke to Paula and my gloves are on the way. It would seem everything is still going.

So happy, love my Qmoto jacket, now i have the gloves (or will do)

tigertim20
13th June 2012, 19:08
I was pretty sure Brett has sold the qmoto business. But I wouldn't like to bet my arse on it...

might consider buying qmoto again if thats the case . . .

I did see a while back he was looking at selling up, but then saw/heard nothing. youd think after all his raving and ranting about how awesome he and his shit are, tht the least he would have done is had the courtesy to tell previous/existing/potential customers that there was a change of ownership coming up

Virago
13th June 2012, 19:45
According to the Companies Website, Quasimoto is still owned by Bret and Paula.

tigertim20
13th June 2012, 20:11

personal experience tells me that that website is far from up to date . . .

Biggles08
13th June 2012, 20:24
Ahhhh...Kiwibiker here we go! :innocent:

slofox
13th June 2012, 20:34

Just as well I DIDN'T bet me arse then, wannit? :shutup:

TOTO
13th June 2012, 21:19
I heard that 1tonne has purchased Qmoto...

tigertim20
13th June 2012, 22:46

sweet, maybe now we will finally get triple stitching around the velcro knee slider areas and seams . . .

nzspokes
13th June 2012, 22:53
I would like some of the handroid gloves, there cool.

hayd3n
13th June 2012, 22:55
sweet, maybe now we will finally get triple stitching around the velcro knee slider areas and seams . . .

quit crashing and you wont need any stitching

1tonne
14th June 2012, 08:52
1Tonne has not purchased Qmoto.

sinfull
14th June 2012, 09:17
It was me, i did it !

BigAl
14th June 2012, 09:52
I heard that Bret was abducted by aliens!

Scouse
14th June 2012, 10:13
I heard that He had a sex change and is now Alison Mau's new girlfriend

14th June 2012, 10:15
I heard that He had a sex change and is now Alison Mau's new girlfriend

Lucky Bastard.................. Or not :shifty:

skippa1
14th June 2012, 15:16
raving and ranting............. previous/existing/potential customers that there was a change of ownership coming up

cause thats what youd do aye:baby:wah wah

tigertim20
14th June 2012, 18:23
quit crashing and you wont need any stitching

actually, my 1tonne pants held up fantastically to a 200+ bin. no repairs necessary at all!

nzspokes
14th June 2012, 18:28
He came un-stitched.............:lol:

steve_t
14th June 2012, 18:41

1Tonne as not purchased Qmoto.

:lol::killingme

skippa1
14th June 2012, 21:14
actually, my 1tonne pants held up fantastically to a 200+ bin. no repairs necessary at all!

200 + bin...........?????:niceone: Tui

tigertim20
14th June 2012, 21:17
200 + bin...........?????:niceone: Tui

no tui buddy, facebook has photos.

some of us play on the track you know

skippa1
14th June 2012, 21:19
no tui buddy, facebook has photos.

some of us play on the track you know

did ya skin ya massive member:blink:

tigertim20
14th June 2012, 21:40
did ya skin ya massive member:blink:

nope, just severe lacerations to the ego and a doozy of a fuckin headache for three days

skippa1
14th June 2012, 21:43
nope, just severe lacerations to the ego and a doozy of a fuckin headache for three days

yeah well if you had been wearing quasi gear the lacerations wouldnt of happened and ya doozy woulda been ok......ok?:eek:

Fast Eddie
14th June 2012, 22:44

lol was that when u binned it at the levels trackday bro?

shit 200 down that straight.. mm I guess just about - think we only managed 187 (took some gps logger out one race) on the sidecar but its not that quick haha.. so a solo R1 should make it.. but u must have just crashed at the end with no attempt at stopping or anything? suprised the bike wasn't more fucked - f all run off there at the end of that straight and at 200 seesh.. that wall is awful close.. looks close from the wee sidecar anyway haha

tigertim20
15th June 2012, 19:06
lol was that when u binned it at the levels trackday bro?

shit 200 down that straight.. mm I guess just about - think we only managed 187 (took some gps logger out one race) on the sidecar but its not that quick haha.. so a solo R1 should make it.. but u must have just crashed at the end with no attempt at stopping or anything? suprised the bike wasn't more fucked - f all run off there at the end of that straight and at 200 seesh.. that wall is awful close.. looks close from the wee sidecar anyway haha

yeah, the R1 speedo reads 253-240 if i get a good drive, Id got the brakes on a tad, speedo was still reading 220 I think when I hit the grass, so account for speedo error and jaded memory etc etc, but it was definitely 200. I was amazed it want wrecked, I got it running again for the next session:woohoo:
didnt realise i had a concussion yet till i was on the way home :facepalm:

I stopped only a couple metres from the wall, but there is a lot of runoff area there, I used all of it to come to a tumbling bumby stop

Kickaha
15th June 2012, 19:58
I stopped only a couple metres from the wall, but there is a lot of runoff area there, I used all of it to come to a tumbling bumby stop

There's enough runoff for a sidecar to totally cock the corner up, go off into the grass, keep it pinned and get back on track still in the lead (but only by inches)

short-circuit
15th June 2012, 20:13
Seriously though, I was wondering the same thing. I know he moved on from KB - and that is not a reason for anyone to take this off topic :nono:

Moved on from what?....committing retail suicide?

cave weta
15th June 2012, 21:00
Lifestyle Imports at Pukekawa has pulled his website too and only has about 40 adverts on Trad Me
Business must be crashing!

Actually.... I just pulled out some Bike Rider Mags from 2010- hell there are a lot of retailers in there that have since disappeared!

steve_t
15th June 2012, 21:05
Lifestyle Imports at Pukekawa has pulled his website too and only has about 15 adverts on Trad Me

Actually.... I just pulled out some Bike Rider Mags from 2010- hell there are a lot of retailers in there that have since disappeared!

That sux. I wonder if there's any correlation with the increase in rego fees and GFC though you'd hope the GFC would have got people out of cars and on to bikes. Probably not that likely in NZ though

cave weta
15th June 2012, 21:12
That sux. I wonder if there's any correlation with the increase in rego fees and GFC though you'd hope the GFC would have got people out of cars and on to bikes. Probably not that likely in NZ though

Pardon my ignorance but how is Guatemalan Fried Chicken getting people out of cars and on to bikes?

steve_t
15th June 2012, 21:22
Pardon my ignorance but how is Guatemalan Fried Chicken getting people out of cars and on to bikes?

Thanks a lot. Now I'm frickin hungry!

nzspokes
15th June 2012, 21:25
Lifestyle Imports at Pukekawa has pulled his website too and only has about 40 adverts on Trad Me

Now that would surprise me as he is a great guy that stands by his product and its not his only income.

I suspect hes undating his aged website.

Biggles08
16th June 2012, 00:41
yeah, the R1 speedo reads 253-240 if i get a good drive,

Come play with the big boys sometime ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Oip84KVt0&list=UUkOYspjM1TZbVg8Qp0mzUlQ&index=6&feature=plcp

In all seriousness, like him (Brett) or not the Qmoto gear is A+++ quality and no matter how much you bag the guy, the gear stands up to the test 100%. I know, I have been the crash test dummy on about 12 occasions in the same suit. the Q in Qmoto is definitely for quality!

Gremlin
16th June 2012, 02:07
:psst: I think he means Global Financial Crisis...

Fast Eddie
17th June 2012, 15:09
There's enough runoff for a sidecar to totally cock the corner up, go off into the grass, keep it pinned and get back on track still in the lead (but only by inches)

haha yea I was riding pretty well that day tho :bleh:

GTRMAN
18th June 2012, 18:46

Lifestyle website works fine for me......

cave weta
18th June 2012, 19:02
Lifestyle website works fine for me......

well- this was two weeks ago- must have been servicing it eh?:msn-wink:

nzspokes
18th June 2012, 19:04

Or you ran out of bandwidth.

GTRMAN
18th June 2012, 19:50

I think his web server crapped itself, based on the SQL errors I saw a couple of weeks back...

cave weta
18th June 2012, 20:19
I think his web server crapped itself, based on the SQL errors I saw a couple of weeks back...

Yep - thats what I saw when I went in just lots of gibberish and errors-

CHOPPA
18th June 2012, 20:25
Qmoto has been sold as far as im aware to Steve Boyd. Im sure things will be sorted soon

tigertim20
18th June 2012, 20:26
just lots of gibberish and errors-

that doesnt mean for a minute there was an error . . .