PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki ZZR and ZXR speed limiter removal DIY

ducatilover
13th June 2012, 13:48
Bored, done research, making thread now.
Anyone with a Jap market ZZR400K/N, ZXR400H/J/L/M or ZXR250A/C with a 180kp/h speed limiter can sort it by doing this, very bloody simple!

Take your seat off, find the pink wire to the CDI unit.
Snip that wire.
On the end of wire going to the CDI put a 10Kohm resitor on, then wire that to a nice clean earth (or splice it in to a black/yellow wire)
Put the seat back on.
Test on closed/private road/track.

If you get scared of cutting wires,
Take the speedo off, find the three wire plug in to the back of the speedo, unplug it, fit the 10K resistor (on the loom end, not speedo end...duh) across the pink and black/yellow wires.

This also sorts out the ZZR/ZXR problem of being limited to 10,000rpm in each gear (I'm sick of it...)
Done.

boobins
21st January 2014, 20:13
Bored, done research, making thread now.
Anyone with a Jap market ZZR400K/N, ZXR400H/J/L/M or ZXR250A/C with a 180kp/h speed limiter can sort it by doing this, very bloody simple!

Take your seat off, find the pink wire to the CDI unit.
Snip that wire.
On the end of wire going to the CDI put a 10Kohm resitor on, then wire that to a nice clean earth (or splice it in to a black/yellow wire)
Put the seat back on.
Test on closed/private road/track.

If you get scared of cutting wires,
Take the speedo off, find the three wire plug in to the back of the speedo, unplug it, fit the 10K resistor (on the loom end, not speedo end...duh) across the pink and black/yellow wires.

This also sorts out the ZZR/ZXR problem of being limited to 10,000rpm in each gear (I'm sick of it...)
Done.

I have a zxr250C 1993 and it was cutting out about 170

Cut pink wire from CDI put in 10Kohm resister and hooked up to earth

Now it goes 190 and was still slowly pulling. I need a longer road..... err I mean race track to test it further.

Cheers mate your the man!!

Oh yea also my bike was only revving up 16k.
Finally found the problem was that an owner before me had put in 142 size jets so it was over fueling.
Put in the standard size 122 and 125 jets and now it goes to 19.5k limiter.
Also get about an extra 40km out of a tank of gas!

ducatilover
21st January 2014, 22:45
Finally found the problem was that an owner before me had put in 142 size jets so it was over fueling.
Put in the standard size 122 and 125 jets and now it goes to 19.5k limiter.
Also get about an extra 40km out of a tank of gas!

Glad to help.
142 is a big difference... I am surprised it rev'd past 8 :cool: