PDA

View Full Version : Reflashing GSXR and Hayabusa ECUs?

Triple R
20th June 2012, 17:35
Well, have not been on here for ages, but thought I would get back here and mention, to anyone interested, that I can reflash GSXR 1000 K5,6,7,8,9, and Lo and onwards ECU's.
GSXR 600/750 K6 onwards (I can get the K4/5 done if people really wanted them done).

And the Hayabusa 2002 onwards and B-King as well.

Can remove speed limiters, 1st,2nd and 3rd gear limiters. So no more TRE's etc

Change engine braking set up with software, NOS maps..........etc.....etc

Can look at the Kawasaki's too if there was enough interest.

if you would like to know anything else, just ask.

Cheers,
Red.
Triple R Superbike.

300weatherby
21st June 2012, 20:41
True folks, no need for a power commander either, Red knows what he is doing:yes:

Tony.OK
22nd June 2012, 15:25
Is this an on the bike type of thing or send in your ecu? Can tuning be done to allow for slipons etc?

Triple R
26th June 2012, 17:47
Sorry for the slow reply, I am not the best with been able to get back on here straight away, same as damn FB.

Anyway, yes and no to your question.......I can do bench reflashing, but would only really want to take off the limiters etc. If it came to having the ECU reflashed with a good tune to take into account your exhaust mod or any other mod you have done to the bike, then I feel it is always better to have the bike and put on the dyno to do this.

Ok, I have quite a few different tunes now for quite a number of bikes, but not one of those tunes works perfect in a different bike from what it was originally tuned for. They may work better than the standard tune, but I have always found that indiviual tuning of each and every bike is worth while.

And this goes for pretty well any brand I have tuned. Foe example I have tuned 2 different 675's on the same day, with everything on the bikes basially the same.......same exhausts, air filters, comps, airbox funnels etc. The only component I was not sure about was engine oil.
Both of these bikes ended up using different tunes. Ok they overall tunes followed similar patterns, but, to get the best from each bike, each one needed their own maps.

The software I am using is pretty cool though. With the standard ECU I am going to be runing NOS on a mates GSXR 1000 L0 (2010). So when the NOS comes in I am going to be able to have a different ignition curve and fueling map come in just for when the NOS comes on. And when it switchs off, the tune reverts back to the original maps.

Most of the time now I run all of our race bikes on the standard ECU's, as I am able to do more with them, than some of the race ecu's.

The only down side to tuning this way compared to something like a Power Commander, or a Bazzaz Unit, is that it does take a lot more time to complete the tuning.

Hope that answers your questions.

Cheers,
Red.

Triple R
23rd July 2012, 17:37
Ok, just a bit of an update with regards to ECU reflashing.

I will be able to do all GSXR 600's and 750's (good for speedway) from K4 onwards.

All GSXR 1000's from K5 onwards.....(working on the K3/4 1000's)

All Hayabusa from 2002 and all B-Kings.

Looking at hopefully been able to do some of the R1's and ZX10R's too........ but will have to let you know.

Can also do pretty well all Truimph's

Injectored KTM's

And most Buells.

So there are a few options for people.

And just on a side note.
Anyone looking at running a piggy back fueling system, should really look at the Bazzaz system. Especially if you also want to run a quick shifter, A/F logger for fueling and/or TC control.
For the money they cost, I think they are great value. They do take some setting up, especially the TC side of things, to get the best out of them, but I think worth it.

Cheers,
Red.

Gavo
23rd October 2013, 13:27
So what would be invivloed if I wanted to send my K7 GSXR1000 ECU to you to get done (cost etc)

Cheers

BuzzardNZ
23rd October 2013, 13:38
Are you using a TEKA or something similar?

mulletman
23rd October 2013, 23:35
He had a Teka when i had my GSX1400 tuned, but he also had a swag of other tuning devices like tuneboy from what i remember.