PDA

View Full Version : California Superbike School gone?

Geeen
21st June 2012, 20:24
I've heard rumours that CSS at Hampton Downs has shut up shop and the Aussie boys might be coming over one or twice a year. Does anyone know the truth (yes I know this is KB) of this? If CSS is gone I'm going to have to save for trip to Aus as well.

Just checked the website and it still advertises the Feb sessions.

CHOPPA
21st June 2012, 20:54
I've heard rumours that CSS at Hampton Downs has shut up shop and the Aussie boys might be coming over one or twice a year. Does anyone know the truth (yes I know this is KB) of this? If CSS is gone I'm going to have to save for trip to Aus as well.

Just checked the website and it still advertises the Feb sessions.

Its gone for now as far as I know. Im planning a trip to do it in the states :banana:

Gremlin
21st June 2012, 21:58
They've said they'll be back early next year, restructured apparently.

tbs
27th June 2012, 19:28
Its gone for now as far as I know. Im planning a trip to do it in the states :banana:

My cousin was over in Viginia helping out with flags at CSS a couple of months ago. He said the school bikes were all S1000Rs. Sweet.

Kornholio
27th June 2012, 19:33
Just buy this... it's a pretty good watch :)

http://www.northern.co.nz/images/products/8658.jpg

ckai
27th June 2012, 19:41
I've heard this from the horse's mouth himself (Steve who runs Oz) that yes they've "shut up shop" BUT they're looking at getting back. He said the business model couldn't work so they have to look at something else. He said it wasn't actually from lack of school attendance but from low numbers on the ride days.

To try and make it as cost effective as possible they ran the 2 school days and 2 ride days since they were bringing the majority of people from Oz.

He said they're constantly looking at how they can make it work.

I suggested ACC funding because it needs to go to some decent training.

The only reason I know all of this is I was wondering the same thing so thought I'd do some digging. The NZ schools are drastically cheaper than OZ as well which was a good thing.

I reckon they'll be back next year. I'll stalk him if they're not. Gotta get my level 4 done :)

RuoskaNZ
1st August 2012, 01:49
Super weak. Was really hoping to do one of these. Ahwell, am going through a ton of youtube vids and takign notes. All the CSS ones.

RDjase
1st August 2012, 06:53
I've heard this from the horse's mouth himself (Steve who runs Oz) that yes they've "shut up shop" BUT they're looking at getting back. He said the business model couldn't work so they have to look at something else. He said it wasn't actually from lack of school attendance but from low numbers on the ride days.

To try and make it as cost effective as possible they ran the 2 school days and 2 ride days since they were bringing the majority of people from Oz.

He said they're constantly looking at how they can make it work.

I suggested ACC funding because it needs to go to some decent training.

The only reason I know all of this is I was wondering the same thing so thought I'd do some digging. The NZ schools are drastically cheaper than OZ as well which was a good thing.

I reckon they'll be back next year. I'll stalk him if they're not. Gotta get my level 4 done :)

Be good to see CSS at Taupo

Petrolic
19th October 2012, 10:59
Dam my wife just paid for return airfairs ,rental car, hotel four nights and hire of a 600 for three days with road g2 tyres on it and a huge $4500 excess if... when I low side it. Per drop.... and guess what . No tyre warmers , laptimers ( to see if your improving) and no cams to watch later picking off the front riders aloud. I don't want to seem un apreciatve, becuase I am heaps, but the three day school is so restrictive and could cost 10k pluss depending on if they give me a bike a day and if I drop it. For the price of about 5k already I could pay one of you fellers to show me a few pointers and keep the $ here. This is the kiwi way, more than one way to skin a cat or go faster....Also going from a r1 I put traction cntrl on fueling with bazzaz and quick shift to a gsx 600 with road tyres .....I expected alot more for the cash. Going on the 31st october 2012 will let you know...

SuperSonic
6th November 2012, 14:50
Just buy this... it's a pretty good watch :)

Buy this local?? Or from his webiste?? If local were?

MOTOVUDU Book and DVDs that is

Cheers

Petrolic
6th November 2012, 15:57
Just got back from the school. First day was cancelled dew to weather but got other two. Total cost was 6k hotel, car rental, health cover ,and 1k a day for bike and course.(lost one day due to mud slide across track and chairs blowing over fences). But worth every cent. Bought the book and CD however you have to do the school, at phillip island as well if you can. Big open corners no braking knees and pegs scraping every corner (hard to do at any other track.) Will definitley go back to do day 3 and four and then day four yearly. Hire bikes were a pain as first day was cancelled and the $375 was not refunded even though the old gsxr 600 is hired to three people so do the math $1125 Australian per bike with 20 bikes. WOW. (The fleet pays for itself in the 7 days they are there.) A pain if you never got to sit on it. EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO IT real cool. May be a group booking would be cheaper going across to share rental cars and accomodation maybe.

davebullet
13th November 2012, 14:55
Just got back from the school. First day was cancelled dew to weather but got other two. Total cost was 6k hotel, car rental, health cover ,and 1k a day for bike and course.(lost one day due to mud slide across track and chairs blowing over fences). But worth every cent. Bought the book and CD however you have to do the school, at phillip island as well if you can. Big open corners no braking knees and pegs scraping every corner (hard to do at any other track.) Will definitley go back to do day 3 and four and then day four yearly. Hire bikes were a pain as first day was cancelled and the $375 was not refunded even though the old gsxr 600 is hired to three people so do the math $1125 Australian per bike with 20 bikes. WOW. (The fleet pays for itself in the 7 days they are there.) A pain if you never got to sit on it. EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO IT real cool. May be a group booking would be cheaper going across to share rental cars and accomodation maybe.

There's an idea. For example - what does it cost to rent eg. Manfeild for the day? ($3,000?)
Plus provision for an ambulance / med staff
cost of flights / accommodation and training fees - (or we fund a local skilled racer direct to pocket to help fund their racing?)
Supply your own bike / responsibility