PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a gt125 engine in bits?

NickMcDonald
25th June 2012, 21:29
As per the title....Im after somebody with a suzuki gt125 engine in bits. Im trying to determine a few measurements without taking my engine apart! Im after the conrod length. Could anyone help me out? Cheers!

carburator
25th June 2012, 21:37
according to my book of numbers 100mm center to center.

koba
25th June 2012, 22:18
As per the title....Im after somebody with a suzuki gt125 engine in bits. Im trying to determine a few measurements without taking my engine apart! Im after the conrod length. Could anyone help me out? Cheers!

Why?
Thinking of some engine mods?

If you are you need to have a good look through the bucket racing forum.

NickMcDonald
30th June 2012, 14:26
Ah cheers for that info! Yeah Im attempting a pair of expansion chambers using the calculator found on the bucket racing site. They require the exhaust port duration among other things. Need to know a few measurements..and asking you fellas is a hell of a lot easier than pulling my engine to pieces! Cheers.

F5 Dave
5th July 2012, 17:48
You could PM Bren chch he has one. TKJR site will give you conrod specs.

But crumbs if you make an adaptor to attach a timing wheel (large protractor) to your flywheel & pop off a head (4 nuts I imagine) you will get the ex port specs.

Being realistic the cheapest thing in the long run is to rebuild the crank with decent bits. if you are using an engine that has sat it will need a rebuild if you want to pull any revs. Old cranks die taking top end bit with them. Also you can then holistically ask the question "what sort of revs can this engine expect to pull racing?

With good parts & some thin ring pistons maybe kx65? that should be able to spin real well & produce decent power. A real clever engine could pull 13,000 with some over rev. An old shitter engine will probably die at 10,000.

Do a search on this site (bucket section) on GT125 & read the carb threads for other intake ideas.

koba
5th July 2012, 18:00
Ah cheers for that info! Yeah Im attempting a pair of expansion chambers using the calculator found on the bucket racing site. They require the exhaust port duration among other things. Need to know a few measurements..and asking you fellas is a hell of a lot easier than pulling my engine to pieces! Cheers.

Missed that reply, only chanced on it 'coz Dave responded.

It's a good idea to quote so the person gets a prompt.

That calculator doesn't mean a lot without reading the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Two-stroke-Performance-Tuning-Graham-Bell/dp/1859606199

The second edition is more up to date but is still obsolete, yet still somewhat relevant to what your playing with.

Depending on what you want to achieve (Learning by DIY, faster road bike, race bike etc...) and your budget there are quite a few different options for performance mods.

Do speak up with questions.