PDA

View Full Version : Hello! (bubbles4)

bubbles4
28th June 2012, 17:41
Hi everyone! I'm Axel and I've just started riding! I currently ride an rg150. Bought it blind a couple of days ago. it ended up being in very rough condition and not having wof and rego.

Having a bit of buyers remorse but i'd like to be able to get a warrant for her. But i know next to nothing about working on bikes. Anybody want to help a newbie out? :)

The Singing Chef
28th June 2012, 17:44
Hi everyone! I'm Axel and I've just started riding! I currently ride an rg150. Bought it blind a couple of days ago. it ended up being in very rough condition and not having wof and rego.

Having a bit of buyers remorse but i'd like to be able to get a warrant for her. But i know next to nothing about working on bikes. Anybody want to help a newbie out? :)

I have a match and gasoline, if you want I can stop by any time.

bubbles4
28th June 2012, 17:46
I have a match and gasoline, if you want I can stop by any time.

That actually sounds like a good idea. That's what I get from not listening to my better judgement. :brick:

unstuck
28th June 2012, 17:47
Gidday Bubbles. Maybe you could post a few pics and give a bit more info on the condition of your bike. I am sure you will find the help you need around here.:yes:

Madness
28th June 2012, 17:48
What does it need for a WOF? Maybe you should put it through a WOF inspection to ascertain what needs doing if you haven't already.

Akzle
28th June 2012, 17:55

Having a bit of buyers remorse but i'd like to be able to get a warrant for her. But i know next to nothing about working on bikes. Anybody want to help a newbie out? :)cool name bro!

i'll be in akl at various times over nekk couple weeks. i'm going to be doing up my mate's mvx, and he had an rgv 150 before that... so yeah. :beer:

The Singing Chef
28th June 2012, 18:05
I can sell you an SV650 if you want. Really cheap too.

bubbles4
28th June 2012, 18:12
What does it need for a WOF? Maybe you should put it through a WOF inspection to ascertain what needs doing if you haven't already.

Ill take it through sometime next week. Just by looking at it now, it'll need indicators fixed, the rear brake fixed, and the chain is a bit on the loose side. need a new clutch lever too because it broke off. :/ Lemonade out of lemons.

bubbles4
28th June 2012, 18:14
I can sell you an SV650 if you want. Really cheap too.

Wont be able to ride it cause i'm on my learners still. :(

The Singing Chef
28th June 2012, 18:17
Wont be able to ride it cause i'm on my learners still. :(

You can race it, it's a track bike. ;-) Lots of fun too.

tigertim20
28th June 2012, 18:37
take the good with the bad.

If youve just started out, you now have a bloody good excuse to meet some fellow riders to help you get the bike sorted out - plus if you do as much of the work yourself as you can, you will learn HEAPS in the process.
Roll your sleeves up and get into it.

I think youll find that there will be a few locals who wont mind coming over and helping you out if there is a promise of cold beer available.

Got some pics of your bike to share with us?

bubbles4
28th June 2012, 18:51
take the good with the bad.

If youve just started out, you now have a bloody good excuse to meet some fellow riders to help you get the bike sorted out - plus if you do as much of the work yourself as you can, you will learn HEAPS in the process.
Roll your sleeves up and get into it.

I think youll find that there will be a few locals who wont mind coming over and helping you out if there is a promise of cold beer available.

Got some pics of your bike to share with us?

Will get some pics posted up tomorrow night. Yes, there will be beer and great company!

Grubber
28th June 2012, 19:50
Ahhh the memories of starting out. Been there done that! This is when the fun starts and all the stories of MY FIRST BIKE start. Imagine a couple of beers around the bbq with your 15 year old daughter or son, reminiscing about that first bike.
Like has been said already, get the sleeves rolled up and get into it.:yes:

unstuck
28th June 2012, 20:56
Hi everyone! I'm Axel and I've just started riding! I currently ride an rg150. it ended up being in very rough condition and not having wof and rego. i'm on my learners still.

Dont get caught dude, could be expensive.:Punk::Punk::Punk:

Mom
28th June 2012, 21:00
Ill take it through sometime next week. Just by looking at it now, it'll need indicators fixed, the rear brake fixed, and the chain is a bit on the loose side. need a new clutch lever too because it broke off. :/ Lemonade out of lemons.

Welcome to the world of 2 wheels, and a lot of us started out on "interesting" bikes. Lets have a few pics so we can see your pride and joy. My first bike, was a 2 smoker that fouled plugs so often I had to carry spares at all times, it had bondi-fill plugging the clutch cover and used to go like stink when all was well :love:

bubbles4
30th June 2012, 01:33
http://s1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj504/axelsean/?action=view&current=137.jpg

http://s1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj504/axelsean/?action=view&current=133.jpg

http://s1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj504/axelsean/?action=view&current=131.jpg

I cant figure out how to post photos. LoL.

Needs a new clutch lever, the one on the bike is i reckon off a different bike because it's so awkward to use.

Rear brakes do not work. no idea why at the moment

There's a weird mechanical sound by the battery area when I use the indicator lights, particularly the turning right one. They don't even light up. The turning left one is fine. possible dying battery or dying relay or just bad connections.

Let the fun commence. :) :banana:

Akzle
30th June 2012, 08:25
Let the fun commence. :) :banana:

and commence it will. sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

as said. in ork-land probably nekk weekend through ~tuesday-wednesday if you want a (sometimes) useful eye over it.

what's your attack plan? strip down and re-fit? or just fix what's broke till it goes?

rear brakes looks like hydraulic... so pads check, caliper check, line check, fill and bleed.

bike wrecker in barry's pt rd will have you a clutch lever, else go after-market shortys. (or maybe you're a carnie and just have small hands)
right now you can go buy: dot3 brake fluid, a big arse can of brakeleen, a can of CO contact cleaner, some new plugs, new bottom end oil and a tub/tube of grease.

otherwise looks like quite a tidy little project and you may well get your money back on if you get it mechanically/electrically tweaked to awesomeness.

bubbles4
30th June 2012, 11:14
A helpful eye would be very helpful indeed! there will be beer. :)

I'll just fix what' s broken for now. So long as the bike won't be too unsafe. Will pop in bike wreckers next week. Didn't know there was one so close!

I'll do some taking apart of stuff today, Working in the winter cold isn't fun.

Anybody got a manual for an rg150? :)

unstuck
30th June 2012, 13:11
Have a shuffty through this thread buddy.http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/10556-Lotsa-manuals-online?highlight=online+manuals :Punk::Punk::Punk: