PDA

View Full Version : A jab that 'vaccinates' people against smoking for life being developed

mashman
29th June 2012, 22:56
It could be used to "vaccinate" children from ever smoking and help smokers to quit. (http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/a-jab-that--vaccinates--people-against-smoking-for-life-being-developed.html) "Just as parents decide to give their children an HPV vaccine, they might decide to use a nicotine vaccine"

WTF!!! wasting more fuckin money! If you want people to stop smoking STOP MAKING CIGARETTES... and for those who don't stop, FUCK OFF AND LEAVE US TO KILL OURSELVES! Vaccinate my children, are you out of your tiny fuckin narrow minded skull? No doubt NZ will stump up as the guinea pig for helping us quit by 2025. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK OFF!

That is all.

Brian d marge
29th June 2012, 22:57
but I dont want to stop smoking

Stephen

mashman
29th June 2012, 23:03

Stephen

:rofl: yes you do, you just don't know it...

"Mice which had been given the jab stayed just as active as previously, while those not administered with the vaccine relaxed and their blood pressure and heart activity lowered – classic signs nicotine had reached the brain."

You want high blood pressure and a higher heart rate and these guys will provide it for you... at a small cost of course. Personally I'd rather a damn good shaggin sesh to achieve those goals... followed by a smoke to regulate the blood pressure and heart rate again :eek:

ducatilover
29th June 2012, 23:36

Stephen
Nor do I. :mad:

Mom
30th June 2012, 08:47
How totally and absolutely fuckt!

Akzle
30th June 2012, 09:15
yeah yeah... but i don't think it's going to be a "vaccine" as such.
it's going to be part of the microchip they embed in babies that links them to their world-bank debt accounts (cashless society) and RFID so they don't need to carry something as bulky and inconvinient as a passport, and contain their "identity" (licences et al) so the cops can just use a handheld scanner over their brains to instantly attach their penance to their account.

this will really streamline policy enforcement. infact they probably wont even need cops, just high powered microwave scanners roadside.
in addition they'll probably put a "kill switch" or "behaviour mod" ability in with it... so if the chipee decides to smoke it will either release chemicals to make them feel really bad, or deliver an electric shock - empirical conditioning.

laugh now. i give it two generations.

stop people smoking eh? "...relaxed and their blood pressure and heart activity lowered – classic signs nicotine had reached the brain...."
why would they want people to suffer from things like that?... you can of course just dope them up on Phamac vicodin...

(http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/after-the-government-microchips-our-soldiers-how-long-will-it-be-before-they-want-to-put-a-microchip-in-you
http://www.thecheers.org/Tech/article_734_Get-identified-under-your-skin.html ("As of now, about 9,000 VeriChips have been sold, of which about 1,500 have been inserted into humans"))

pzkpfw
30th June 2012, 09:45
It could be used to "vaccinate" children from ever smoking and help smokers to quit. (http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/a-jab-that--vaccinates--people-against-smoking-for-life-being-developed.html) "Just as parents decide to give their children an HPV vaccine, they might decide to use a nicotine vaccine"

WTF!!! wasting more fuckin money! If you want people to stop smoking STOP MAKING CIGARETTES... and for those who don't stop, FUCK OFF AND LEAVE US TO KILL OURSELVES! Vaccinate my children, are you out of your tiny fuckin narrow minded skull? No doubt NZ will stump up as the guinea pig for helping us quit by 2025. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK OFF!

That is all.

I thought you were in favour of freedom of choice?

If you stop making cigarettes (prohibition) you are forcing people to stop smoking.

That web article about the vacine was about choice. People choosing to get vacinated, or parents choosing to get their kids vacinated.

Yes, we could imagine everyone being forced to take the vacine (like kids at school all get lined up and vacinated against various things), but people in this thread seem to have assumed from that article that that is what is being planned already.

Chill out.

Have a smoke.

carbonhed
30th June 2012, 09:50
Fuck yeah what a waste of money! They should concentrate on making a vaccine against "general loserdom". That way you'd knock out smoking, alcoholism, obesity and that bone deep stupidity that's so tedious to listen to. They need to up their game an order of magnitude.

george formby
30th June 2012, 10:18
First thing I did when opening the thread was reach for my packet of Park Drive, will smoke my rolly when I finish my Maca's & Bourbon.

Madness
30th June 2012, 10:46
The best smoke is the first one of the day straight after having a root. :innocent:

george formby
30th June 2012, 10:54
The best smoke is the first one of the day straight after having a root. :innocent:

My G/F's first smoke of the day is my favourite:whistle:

mashman
30th June 2012, 10:55
I thought you were in favour of freedom of choice?

If you stop making cigarettes (prohibition) you are forcing people to stop smoking.

That web article about the vacine was about choice. People choosing to get vacinated, or parents choosing to get their kids vacinated.

Yes, we could imagine everyone being forced to take the vacine (like kids at school all get lined up and vacinated against various things), but people in this thread seem to have assumed from that article that that is what is being planned already.

Chill out.

Have a smoke.

heh... I am all for freedom of choice. People will still grow tobacco, so if you want to smoke a cig, you'll have to grow it or go out of your way to find it.

Absolutely, it is about freedom of choice. Choose not to smoke, job done. Choose to get a vaccine, ok, fair enough I can see how that would be appealing, but I'd rather go cold turkey than pump myself full of chemicals to "suppress" the urge to smoke. As you say choice, but unfortunately where thems that make the laws are concerned, similar to the microchip theme, there will come a time where it is not a choice and what's worse, the majority will vote for it.

:rofl: you're saying that it hasn't been planned? Denial much? ;)

mashman
30th June 2012, 10:56
it's going to be part of the microchip they embed in babies that links them to their world-bank debt accounts (cashless society) and RFID so they don't need to carry something as bulky and inconvinient as a passport, and contain their "identity" (licences et al) so the cops can just use a handheld scanner over their brains to instantly attach their penance to their account.

this will really streamline policy enforcement. infact they probably wont even need cops, just high powered microwave scanners roadside.
in addition they'll probably put a "kill switch" or "behaviour mod" ability in with it... so if the chipee decides to smoke it will either release chemicals to make them feel really bad, or deliver an electric shock - empirical conditioning.

laugh now. i give it two generations.

stop people smoking eh? "...relaxed and their blood pressure and heart activity lowered – classic signs nicotine had reached the brain...."
why would they want people to suffer from things like that?... you can of course just dope them up on Phamac vicodin...

(http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/after-the-government-microchips-our-soldiers-how-long-will-it-be-before-they-want-to-put-a-microchip-in-you
http://www.thecheers.org/Tech/article_734_Get-identified-under-your-skin.html ("As of now, about 9,000 VeriChips have been sold, of which about 1,500 have been inserted into humans"))

Interesting first article... you could take one without knowing, ghost chips Bro.

george formby
30th June 2012, 11:02
Ghost chips....

It's kind of happening through the back door anyway with smart technology, phones, tablets etc all enabled with GPS & apps which are remotely controlled unless you know how to switch them off. I wonder how long the off button will last for?

mashman
30th June 2012, 11:07
Ghost chips....

It's kind of happening through the back door anyway with smart technology, phones, tablets etc all enabled with GPS & apps which are remotely controlled unless you know how to switch them off. I wonder how long the off button will last for?

Aye, we're taking smart technology in the back door alright, heh... the worst thing about it is that I think we can all see a lot of the benefits in such technology, tis the mistrust of those who manage the data that's the issue. Shame that business will lobby the govt to have employees fitted with chips to prevent them from getting sick and affecting productivity (that's how they'll do it imho). Having said that, I'll not have one if offered, I like taking my sick days when I'm sick... along with the surprise of getting sick etc...

mashman
30th June 2012, 11:35
:shifty: This report is maybe twelve years old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried 'til River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear, 'cause there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people.

Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all are come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. 'Cause as sure as I know anything I know this: they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground, swept clean. A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave. (One of Joss Whedons finest :yes:)

steve_t
30th June 2012, 11:46
The government wants you to smoke. You lot generate a shit load of tax money and generally die earlier, saving on pension pay outs. The only thing is that the government needs to appear as if it were doing something to improve the health of the population so from time to time, you get a media release like this

ducatilover
30th June 2012, 13:21
The government wants you to smoke. You lot generate a shit load of tax money and generally die earlier, saving on pension pay outs. The only thing is that the government needs to appear as if it were doing something to improve the health of the population so from time to time, you get a media release like this
Fuck the lot of them. :2thumbsup That's my rebellious comment for the year, time for some delicious Port Royal Black.

scumdog
30th June 2012, 14:19

That is all.

Whoop-de-do, I don't care...

Brett
30th June 2012, 14:53
This thread should be called "conspiracy theorists read here".

jellywrestler
30th June 2012, 14:56
if the government was serious about this instead of increasing the price constantly they would be allowing smoking but reducing of the smoke, gradually making them less potent till they're inneffective
putting the price up is hurting a lot of families who are often struggling already and not exactly a thinking mans way of tackling the issue

mashman
30th June 2012, 15:00
This thread should be called "conspiracy theorists read here".

:rofl:... they can engineer war for oil, but they won't bring in a law to spare people from themselves... spare me days. Praps the thread needs a bouncer to frisk people for naivety and remove it from them before they post.

mashman
30th June 2012, 15:01
Whoop-de-do, I don't care...

that's the spirit :eek5:

Virago
30th June 2012, 15:14
it's going to be part of the microchip they embed in babies that links them to their world-bank debt accounts...

Dude - this has already happened - we've all been chipped. That's why it's vitally important not to leave home without a foil hat.

ducatilover
30th June 2012, 15:55
if the government was serious about this instead of increasing the price constantly they would be allowing smoking but reducing of the smoke, gradually making them less potent till they're inneffective
putting the price up is hurting a lot of families who are often struggling already and not exactly a thinking mans way of tackling the issue
Pardon? Are you being logical on KB? That's disgusting.

Road kill
30th June 2012, 19:46
Big deal,so cry me a fucking river..:violin:

Akzle
1st July 2012, 08:50
maybe we can vaccinate against apathy, and c*nts thinking their opinion matters, and the desire to inflict your will on others.

Woodman
1st July 2012, 09:24
So on one hand the gummint allows a product that makes it so people get addicted to smoking whether they want to or not, but on the other hand they want to introduce a product that will prevent them from smoking and getting addicted.

Which is worse?

scumdog
1st July 2012, 13:54
maybe we can vaccinate against apathy, and c*nts thinking their opinion matters, and the desire to inflict your will on others.

Meehhh...who cares??:shifty:

Nicklaus
4th July 2012, 18:55
The next step in the nicotine vaccine trials will be rats, then primates. If the vaccine is successful at preventing nicotine from reaching the brain in those animals, tests with human smokers will occur. Crystal stated that a successful run in human test subjects would pre-empt the habit in non-smokers and aid smokers in their cessation efforts.

Nicotine vaccine could cure addiction in humans (http://personalmoneynetwork.com/moneyblog/2012/07/02/nicotine-vaccine/)

This sounds promising though it has not been tested to human. If this really works, it could be very beneficial to people that are struggling to quit smoking. But before anything else, I have to finish my one last puff on my cigarette. :sherlock: