PDA

View Full Version : GN250 Cafe Racer?

skelstar
2nd August 2005, 21:00
At the risk of offending GN250 owners and chopper builders/riders alike I thought I would share what I have been mucking around with for the last half-hour.

Below you will find a picture of a GN250 that I have hacked up. I have been fascinated by the look of choppers and bobbers. Im not likely to ride one but am interested in designing (in my mind anyway) a cafe racer style in the same vein. Now Im unlikely to want to build from scratch and have no experience in welding and fabricating (ok a little in fab) so I though of taking the venerable GN250 and bending a few bits and some minor welding. So I took a good image of a GN and manipulated it to see what it looked like.

So I think it doesnt look too bad. You have to imagine that you are sitting on it like a sports bike (pegs back not forward). The handlebars dont look quite right, they should be more forward.

Anyway, I was just playing. Wadda ya reckon? :)

HDTboy
2nd August 2005, 21:03
there's something missing.....

ZorsT
2nd August 2005, 21:04
I would be very worried about my "man things" if my legs were back (like sports bike) and i was leaning foward to get the bars (like chopper)

skelstar
2nd August 2005, 21:10
I would be very worried about my "man things" if my legs were back (like sports bike) and i was leaning foward to get the bars (like chopper)
Well, the bars (at the moment) arent much further forward than the standard GN250. Maybe you would have the tank a bit higher to provide...support...or something.
I guess you would be lying on the tank (like a sports bike). I havent quite worked the physics out just yet.

crashe
2nd August 2005, 21:11

yep it looks like the frame at the back of the bike is missing.... to the back wheel.

The bike also needs higher handle bars as well.
and feet forward postition not back.

myvice
2nd August 2005, 21:15
Your a sick, sick man...

skelstar
2nd August 2005, 21:16
Oh yeah, I was thinking a hard-tail too. Obviously I wasnt thinking this would be fast, or handle amazingly well...just somehting that wouldnt go too bad, and would look pretty cool. A weekend hack or something.

HDTboy
2nd August 2005, 21:18
yep it looks like the frame at the back of the bike is missing.... to the back wheel.

The bike also needs higher handle bars as well.
and feet forward postition not back.
I was referring to bits of the front tyre

crashe
2nd August 2005, 21:29
I was referring to bits of the front tyre

Hehehehe yep your are right... parts of the front wheel is missing.

skelstar
2nd August 2005, 21:31
Hehehehe yep your are right... parts of the front wheel is missing.
The GN wheels arent like that normally?!?!? :)
Nah, the bits missing were victims of the cutting and the paste-ing.

anhrefn
2nd August 2005, 21:33
Rather than using a gn250 why not look at the sligntly less common GN400. Sorry the thought of a gn250 as a cafe racer doesnt quite sit with me. Lol I learnt to ride on one of those and well I always found them a bit underpowered even for a 250 and well the older ones used to have plenty of problems with there tappets (no idea about the newer ones). Anyway it looks interesting enough, just not something I would do myself.

skelstar
2nd August 2005, 21:38
Rather than using a gn250 ... I would do myself.
Yeah, thats a fair comment. *must think bigger must think bigger* :oi-grr:

gamgee
2nd August 2005, 21:56

i think it's missing a carby too

skelstar
2nd August 2005, 22:34
i think it's missing a carby too
dammit. imagination people! :)

gamgee
2nd August 2005, 22:46
dammit. imagination people! :)
weeeeell it's not as if it really needs it or anything :weird:

skidz
2nd August 2005, 22:56
There's some sick puppys around. :puke:

FzerozeroT
3rd August 2005, 08:58
thats a chopper not a cafe racer, cafe racers were the GSXR600's of thier day, bikes designed to look and go like the top race bikes of the day

crazylittleshit
3rd August 2005, 09:02
needs a frame buddy and hard tales suck.

mattt
3rd August 2005, 09:44

Yeh - 750cc and a whole lot of fairing :motu:

Sniper
3rd August 2005, 10:47
And a chain

outlawtorn
3rd August 2005, 11:54
At the risk of offending GN250 owners and chopper builders/riders alike I thought I would share what I have been mucking around with for the last half-hour.

Below you will find a picture of a GN250 that I have hacked up. I have been fascinated by the look of choppers and bobbers. Im not likely to ride one but am interested in designing (in my mind anyway) a cafe racer style in the same vein. Now Im unlikely to want to build from scratch and have no experience in welding and fabricating (ok a little in fab) so I though of taking the venerable GN250 and bending a few bits and some minor welding. So I took a good image of a GN and manipulated it to see what it looked like.

So I think it doesnt look too bad. You have to imagine that you are sitting on it like a sports bike (pegs back not forward). The handlebars dont look quite right, they should be more forward.

Anyway, I was just playing. Wadda ya reckon? :)
Some people have far too much spare time on their hands.......

But 10 out of 10 for imagination......

Storm
3rd August 2005, 18:13
Full marks for imagination. Have a few more lashes at it and be sure to post them here for us is you've got the time :2thumbsup: