PDA

View Full Version : Ridged looking softail

concernedkiwi
1st July 2012, 16:29
Hi guys.
Would anyone have the nohow to do this or no of anyone that I could contact to get a plan together for something similer.
I love the ridged look but my spine dosnt like the state of our southland roads. Any info appreciated.

http://www.xs650chopper.com/2010/09/xs-650-weld-on-soft-tail/

Drew
1st July 2012, 16:45
And it's learner rider legal!

bogan
1st July 2012, 16:51
Ridged looking? is that for her pleasure :innocent:

Dunno of anybody in your area, but we have plenty of good internet advice for ya!

jellywrestler
1st July 2012, 17:15

not yet

Drew
1st July 2012, 17:55
not yet

You'd bloody hope it never is. Possibly the worst handling motorcycle on the planet in standard form.

tigertim20
1st July 2012, 18:24
I would think most engineering places could figure that out for you, it doesnt look massively complicated, though youd be up for a cert I think - no problem if the work is done by a qualified engineer though.

head down to your local eng. place and have a chat, if they cant do it, theyll be able to recommend someone who can.

pete376403
1st July 2012, 18:36
Find a swingarm off an early Yam IT400 and have that grafted in - they had a similar setup, but with the spring/damper unit under the tank

BIG DOUG
3rd July 2012, 19:21
I have ridden my rigid shovel from wellington to invercargill no probs at all, but I do have a fox mtb shock under the seat and I think that makes the difference.I think a good engineer should have no probs fabbing that, might be pricy though.

Road kill
4th July 2012, 16:20
You'd bloody hope it never is. Possibly the worst handling motorcycle on the planet in standard form.

:lol:You need to get out more,,they never even came close to bad.

FJRider
4th July 2012, 16:35

In standard form ... an XS650 might. But this one has been lightened/modified.