PDA

View Full Version : Big diesel slick on Kent Tce outside our shop (5 July)

Crasherfromwayback
5th July 2012, 08:49
Be very careful when coming from Courtenay Place on to Kent Tce. Big diesel slick from some dirty bus/truck/car all the way round the cnr and down the road.

Will see if I can get some action from the council or someone.

Quasievil
5th July 2012, 08:52
So you should have the thread title as

BURN OUT Competition wellington Motorcycles NOW ON !!

5th July 2012, 08:59
So you should have the thread title as

BURN OUT Competition wellington Motorcycles NOW ON !!

And set up a stall with spare fairing parts for the clumsy ones who might drop their bike :cool:

Quasievil
5th July 2012, 09:02
And set up a stall with spare fairing parts for the clumsy ones who might drop their bike :cool:Good Point I should have remembered those Welly Boys struggle keeping there bikes the right way up

oneofsix
5th July 2012, 09:03
text dung to motnz :shutup:

Don't forget the coffee as the slide in for parts.

Glad I'm not heading over there, not now anyhow. Already had a white line moment this morning, don't fancy a diesel dip.

Crasherfromwayback
5th July 2012, 09:12
Rang the council and told them to sort it asap. Be intereting to see if they do.

rickstv
5th July 2012, 09:15
You should time them from time of phone call to the time they show up.

f2dz
5th July 2012, 09:16
Interesting that the council wanted to act on it. I rang the Auckland Council to ask about getting some dangerous gravel swept up and they had to refer it to Auckland Transport. Still haven't heard back from them for a week.

Quasievil
5th July 2012, 09:20
Interesting that the council wanted to act on it. I rang the Auckland Council to ask about getting some dangerous gravel swept up and they had to refer it to Auckland Transport. Still haven't heard back from them for a week.

You dont have a Broom?
Let me guess youre young ?

Crasherfromwayback
5th July 2012, 09:53
You should time them from time of phone call to the time they show up.

3/4 of an hour.

caseye
5th July 2012, 10:01
You told them if they didn't get there pronto they'd have to drink your coffee, AYE?
Nice work there Crasher, Welly Council did good work .

Crasherfromwayback
5th July 2012, 10:10
You told them if they didn't get there pronto they'd have to drink your coffee, AYE?

They used it to disperse the diesel spill.

f2dz
5th July 2012, 10:49
You dont have a Broom?
Let me guess youre young ?

If you want to sweep up gravel on a 100km/h road on a sweeping bend where people constantly cross the centre line, be my guest.

Crasherfromwayback
5th July 2012, 10:54
If you want to sweep up gravel on a 100km/h road on a sweeping bend where people constantly cross the centre line, be my guest.

While some people do seem to love going past the shop at that speed, it's actually a 50kph speed limit on Kent Tce. Edit: Oh...sorry...you talking 'bout your spill!

Quasievil
5th July 2012, 10:56

You didnt mention that it was a busy road, I wonder if the gravel might be clued down if it didnt move naturally from such a busy road ?
either that or it wasnt really that important to you, will and a way and all :laugh:

caseye
5th July 2012, 10:58
Given that one could find a broom the alternative for an unaware approaching biker is rather dire,same for a novice car driver who's never been on gravel at speed in a corner, I'd do it.
You have eyes and EARS and quite seriously these days our own safety is literally in our own hands, so given that there was a broom available yes I'd give it a go. Least I'd do is advise the relevant Local Council/AA/Police.
The more often this does happen the quicker this sort of thing will be sorted by those who should have made it right in the first place, make them! responsible.

f2dz
5th July 2012, 11:04
You didnt mention that it was a busy road, I wonder if the gravel might be clued down if it didnt move naturally from such a busy road ?
either that or it wasnt really that important to you, will and a way and all :laugh:

It's in a turning bay, and not many people turn down the road, but people cut into the bay all the time to speed up around the bend. But I get what you're saying, I might try tidy it up myself this weekend if I get around to it, and if AT haven't replied by then.

But anyway, off topic.

Good luck with getting the spill cleared up! :)

Quasievil
5th July 2012, 11:14
It's in a turning bay, and not many people turn down the road, but people cut into the bay all the time to speed up around the bend. But I get what you're saying, I might try tidy it up myself this weekend if I get around to it, and if AT haven't replied by then.

But anyway, off topic.

Good luck with getting the spill cleared up! :)

You realise Im just just "busting your Balls" eh
:msn-wink:

f2dz
5th July 2012, 11:19
You realise Im just just "busting your Balls" eh
:msn-wink:

Yea I do mate, haha.

Ender EnZed
5th July 2012, 12:24
Given that one could find a broom the alternative for an unaware approaching biker is rather dire,same for a novice car driver who's never been on gravel at speed in a corner, I'd do it.
You have eyes and EARS and quite seriously these days our own safety is literally in our own hands, so given that there was a broom available yes I'd give it a go. Least I'd do is advise the relevant Local Council/AA/Police.
The more often this does happen the quicker this sort of thing will be sorted by those who should have made it right in the first place, make them! responsible.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't normally carry a broom with me when I ride my motorcycle. That's more of a witch thing.

caseye
5th July 2012, 12:35
LOL, stop it or I'll cast a spill on ya!

Quasievil
5th July 2012, 12:46
That's more of a witch thing.

Easy solution we need a KB girly ride, quite a few of them are Witches .............just saying

Big Dave
5th July 2012, 13:00
Dateline: Wellywood - cwb cleans comb.

;-p

Crasherfromwayback
5th July 2012, 13:20
Dateline: Wellywood - cwb cleans comb.

;-p

Shanaa naa nah?

Big Dave
5th July 2012, 13:27
Shanaa naa nah?

At least a Year 4 gag.

My old man still uses 'California Poppy'.

Crasherfromwayback
5th July 2012, 13:30
At least a Year 4 gag.

My old man still uses 'California Poppy'.

Fuck man...I'm running out of hair for product! Got a shitload of face to wash nowadays.

Quasievil
5th July 2012, 13:42
Fuck man...I'm running out of hair for product! Got a shitload of face to wash nowadays.

One could take that in a completely different direction.............not me tho :shutup:

caspernz
5th July 2012, 19:11
One could take that in a completely different direction.............not me tho :shutup:

The PC version of that is...face and dribble...fuelled by coffee a witch wouldn't touch :laugh:

rustic101
5th July 2012, 20:19

WCC take these types of complaints very seriously. After they have copped the blame from a few coronial inquest outcomes resulting in death.

I've called them a few times about surface hazards and they are bloody good to deal with - In fact better that MOTO NZ :eek:

MIXONE
5th July 2012, 20:33
The road was slippery enough tonight without fucking deseasil spills!

Madness
5th July 2012, 20:36
They used it to disperse the diesel spill.

http://www.nachi.org/images10/Guatemala-Sinkhole.jpg

Ocean1
6th July 2012, 08:51
Theres diesel on the full length of grays road. If someone could move this to a new thread it would help