PDA

View Full Version : Car parking spaces reserved for women drivers

PrincessBandit
12th July 2012, 14:31
Hot off teh internet:

"The mayor of a German town has sparked controversy by introducing special "easy" parking spots for women.

Mayor Gallus Strobel, from the Black Forest town of Triberg, told Germany's Spiegel magazine he introduced the spots because men were better at parking than women.

The women's spaces, which are marked by female symbols, are reportedly better lit and wider, while the men-only spots have concrete pillars to negotiate and can only be reversed into.

Strobel told the magazine that women were welcome to attempt parking in the men-only spots, but that "men are, as a rule, a little better at such challenges". He denied accusations of sexism, pointing out that there were 10 women-only spots in the carpark compared to only two men-only spots.

He said he hadn't noticed a big backlash against the scheme, but had been surprised by the level of interest from international media, which he said was good for local tourism.

"Women can come here and prove me wrong, and while they're at it they can see the town's attractions," he told the magazine.

Triberg is not the first place to introduce women's parking zones. A car park in the Chinese city of Tianjin China recently introduced a women-only parking zone.

The area is marked with a pink paint scheme and includes wider spots, brighter lighting and additional guide rails...."

C'mon on now - gloves off, let's duke it out. :killingme

(Personally after many an awful display of lack of skill by women in the car parking arena, I can't say I disagree with the concept - or maybe there's just not as much attention to poor parking ability in men?)

oneofsix
12th July 2012, 14:38
The pubs have angle parks.

No sexism, 10 female only parks, only 2 mens parks which the woman are allowed to use. :banana:

caseye
12th July 2012, 14:46
um, does the phrase "a hiding to nothing' come to mind there Princess?
Got to give the guy! credit for taking one on the chin for the girls.

oneofsix
12th July 2012, 14:49
Got to give the guy! credit for taking one on the chin for the girls.

you might have a point there caseye, perhaps his lady refused face sit unless he made it easier for her to park.

Bald Eagle
12th July 2012, 14:55
doesn't face sit require reverse ;-)

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

oneofsix
12th July 2012, 14:55
doesn't face sit require reverse ;-)

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

yeah but the parking space can adjust position to ensure accurate parking.

mashman
12th July 2012, 19:05
yeah but the parking space can adjust position to ensure accurate parking.

Just as well with the constant drive, reverse, drive, reverse maneuvering... failure to adjust position could easily land one in the shit.