PDA

View Full Version : CB600F header & downpipes

LucasSNPR
14th July 2012, 19:29
Im modifying my Honda Hornet to remove the catalytic converter and mount the exhaust underneath the bike below the footpeg. I cant find a used downpipe and buying one from oversea new then heavily modifying will be too costly. So wondering if anyone knows a good pipe modifier out there to either make one from scratch or if I finally find one be able to modify it. Trying to get this look. (This bike is a CB1000R Predator not a 600 Hornet)
http://worldmotorpictures.com/2011/2011-honda-cb1000r-street-sport/new-honda-cb1000r-review-and-image-design-5/

FJRider
14th July 2012, 19:45
ANY good muffler shop should be able to build what you require ...

LucasSNPR
21st September 2012, 21:52
Been doing some other stuff on my bike while thinking it over. Found a guy to do pipes but for the whole thing from scratch was $1100 min plus power commander, said it would be alot cheaper to find some used pipes, mainly for the headers as the rest of the pipe will need to be repositioned. BUT cant find any pipes for a 07-12 CB600F but alot for 07-12 CBR600RR. Is it possible to use that as the blocks should be the same?

bogan
21st September 2012, 22:02
If you want to do it on the cheap the CBR headers and an aftermarket can would be the go, shouldn't be too hard to find somebody to weld em up. Assuming the blocks are the same, and the CBR headers line up all good.

If you want to do it on the awesome though, stainless tube bends aren't that expensive, Neptune mufflers do some very fine motorcycle mufflers.

LucasSNPR
21st September 2012, 22:18
The big issue is if the headers the same. Im trying to make a stubby exhaust that comes out under peg. So the pipes need to go four to one very fast to get to the right point for exhaust, which no original pipes do.

bogan
21st September 2012, 22:34
Yeh its a good plan, having all four pipes tied together at the head will make moving the collector a lot easier.