PDA

View Full Version : Buying from Yahoo Japan

Asher
19th July 2012, 20:18
I did a search for this and was surprised nothing came up.

Im in the process of doing up my RGV250 and was looking on yahoo japan for parts.

Does anyone here have someone in Japan they go through? or know of any other ways to buy from there?

I found a banana swing are for 7350 Yen which seems like an absolute bargain even counting in shipping.

onearmedbandit
19th July 2012, 20:22
If you can wait until the end of the year I might be going back over there for a couple weeks. Even better PM Brian d'marge. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php/2805-Brian-d-marge)

Asher
19th July 2012, 21:19
If you can wait until the end of the year I might be going back over there for a couple weeks. Even better PM Brian d'marge. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php/2805-Brian-d-marge)

Thanks but i plan to get the bike sorted before summer.

Anyone used a proxy service like http://yahoojapanauctions.com/

GSF
20th July 2012, 10:41
I did a search for this and was surprised nothing came up.

Im in the process of doing up my RGV250 and was looking on yahoo japan for parts.

Does anyone here have someone in Japan they go through? or know of any other ways to buy from there?

I found a banana swing are for 7350 Yen which seems like an absolute bargain even counting in shipping.

Are they selling in online classified ads, sort of like TradeMe? That's gotta be a used swinger right, cause 7k yen seems really cheap.

Very interesting though, I've usually found that (new) Japanese consumer stuff is massively expensive on sites like Rakuten or Webike. Really cool shit, but they're selling things like Vanson jackets (which are priced at $300 USD on Vanson's website) for the equivalent of over $1000 US. I get the impression the Japanese have lots of that disposable income stuff.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll have a look at it - maybe with the help of my Japanese speaking friend...

Asher
20th July 2012, 11:14
Are they selling in online classified ads, sort of like TradeMe? That's gotta be a used swinger right, cause 7k yen seems really cheap.

Very interesting though, I've usually found that (new) Japanese consumer stuff is massively expensive on sites like Rakuten or Webike. Really cool shit, but they're selling things like Vanson jackets (which are priced at $300 USD on Vanson's website) for the equivalent of over $1000 US. I get the impression the Japanese have lots of that disposable income stuff.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll have a look at it - maybe with the help of my Japanese speaking friend...

Yeah it was a used swing arm and i found it by trawling the auction site with the help of google translate, which even then isnt too easy.
I figured since there are so many jdm bikes in NZ there would be a few people on the site that would have a few networks in Japan

GSF
20th July 2012, 12:14
Yeah it was a used swing arm and i found it by trawling the auction site with the help of google translate, which even then isnt too easy.
I figured since there are so many jdm bikes in NZ there would be a few people on the site that would have a few networks in Japan

Sweet, I will take a look at it. What sort of money are you looking at for shipping something with the dimensions of a swingarm?
This has piqued my interest, the RGV250 'nana swingarms or the GSXR400 swinger and shock can be fitted to 250 Bandits with a small amount of modification, nice way to get rid of the heavy-as-fuck steel swinger and spongey rear shock.

Asher
20th July 2012, 12:31
I have no idea but its not that big of an item. $150 max?