PDA

View Full Version : Yaaaaaaay.......

Coyote
3rd August 2005, 18:24
Flippin failed the restricted test again :angry2:

I was over at Spleen's place and I was about to leave to go to the AA center, only the bike wouldn't start. Quarter of an hour before I had to be there, desperately trying to get it to go, wishing I had a kickstart. Tried to get it to start by going down Spleen's driveway (fortunately it had a slight gradient which was perfect) and letting the clutch out and into gear. Then I remembered what my Dad said, you had to be in second for rolling starts, only the bike didn't allow you to go into second if the motor isn't running. Didn't want to go. Then Spleen noticed the crankcase was soaked in sump oil. Yay....

Call AA to say can't make it for the test, can it be resceduled? "Sure, so long as you pay us again" ARGHDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT fucking arse raping me of cash yet again

Dad arrives with the tralier and we take the bike to Whitehouse Motorcycles to get sorted. Nice guy there, said that the crankcase that we had welded up wasn't done properly and is likely to be the cause of the leaking, and we aren't quite sure whats not letting it start yet. Also I explained how the gearbox was chattering and said think it's the chain. He showed how it was worn unevenly and was tight in places and loose in others, so we're going to get that replaced too (it was due for that anyway). Also get the brakes re-bleed because they aren't like they used to be and are a bit soft.

I'm fucking cursed aren't I?

Coyote
3rd August 2005, 18:26
For those who can't read long posts (like me), here's whats happened in short

-Bike isn't going
-Failed restricted test again
-AA are money grabbin fucktards
-Bikes in the shop getting fixed

Also, I reccomend Whitehouse Motorcycles in Upper Hutt. They have done a good job each time we've been there and been pretty cheap too :niceone:

bugjuice
3rd August 2005, 18:30
awwwww mate.. luck isn't with you either! hope it's not too much of a headache to sort out. Unfortunately in the small print, the AA keep yer hard earned dosh for canceling at the last minute.. blows, huh?

DingDong
3rd August 2005, 18:36
Sounds like your bikes a heap of shit... see your local kb friends and borrow a bike for the next test, a shinny new one

justsomeguy
3rd August 2005, 18:39
Oh crap mate:no: ......

Sorry to hear this.......

riffer
3rd August 2005, 19:13
Also, I reccomend Whitehouse Motorcycles in Upper Hutt. They have done a good job each time we've been there and been pretty cheap too :niceone:

Whitehouse have been really good to me with my Stihl gear. But it helps when you spend lots of $$$ I guess.

Maidstone Yamaha are good fellas as well.

Tough luck mate. My bloody RF damn near refused to start this morning too. Ever since I switched to 96 gas its been a bitch.

I'd lend ya the bike for your test but I have the feeling they might not take too kindly to it....

erik
3rd August 2005, 19:44
Sorry to hear that.
What work have you done on the crankcase?

Coyote
4th August 2005, 18:04
After school, went down to the shop wih Dad to see what was the case. The repair we got done to the crankcase sidecover wasn't done correctly and hasn't got a flat edge, so it didn't seal completely and allowed oil to leak. I couldn't start it cause it was likely to be flooded (apparently it has a flooding problem). If I continued to try and start it, it may have eventually got going. The mechanic there said he had no troubles starting it this morning.

So now I have to wait untill they get the gasket they have ordered and they'll lock-tight that on both sides and hopefully that should stop any leaks, and they'll bleed the brakes again, replace the broken clutch lever and get a new chain on it