PDA

View Full Version : Hyosung cruiser?

Waylander
3rd August 2005, 23:12
Me and Crashe saw quite a few today and several of the bike shops. Not too bad looking a bike. Thought they were something in the 7-800cc range till one of the salemen told us it was a 250. Didn't get a sit on one as I wasn't interested in looking at 250's but the looked fairly comfortable. Pricing wasn;t too bad either if I remember right. Something like 4 or 5k. Could be wrong.

Anyone have any more info? Model#, actuall pride and such?

John
3rd August 2005, 23:23
They do a 250 and a 800cc they both look pretty good, no idea on specs was in the bike trader. They are 6k new.

specs:
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/hyosung_gv_250_cruiser_2004.php

Waylander
3rd August 2005, 23:24
Nah mate that's not it. This one was a V-twin.

John
3rd August 2005, 23:26
Waylander wtf, I did post the Vtwin..

Waylander
3rd August 2005, 23:34
John, yea you had the right one. My last post was to Speedmedic.

Speedmedic I saw that pic the page I saw it on said it was a concept for a later version of the V-Rod. The rest of the page was in Russian or somethig soI couldn't read any farther.

N4CR
4th August 2005, 01:15
Ride it before you judge it.. seriously. The one I rode was horrible. Build was crap (eg wire casings at fork pivot had almost rubbed through after 1000kms) and thin *crappy* plastic shit everywhere - not just plastic shit like most bikes. Huge flat spots, and after I said how crap I found it they said yeah we are having trouble getting them out of the door, eg not stocking them much after this.

But it was friggen comfy!

GB500nz
6th August 2005, 21:59
Most of the above posts seem to have nothing to do with Hyosungs. I've got a 650 and the more I ride it the better I like it. Great handling, very comfortable on long trips, gets around 25km/L, say 330km on a tank, goes like the clappers.
Against? It's a bit overweight. You can only check the oil level when it's on a centrestand but there's no centrestand. Shifting requires very positive action or you get neutrals.