PDA

View Full Version : New member from Wellington (RuoskaNZ)

RuoskaNZ
1st August 2012, 15:12
Hi All,
Chris here from Central Welly. Just signed up but have been on the road since march 09, and on a bike since I could get my leg over the neighbours JR80.
Owned mainly dirt bikes XR100 '94, XR200 '93, CRF230, CRF250 and used them on the farm/the odd trail ride. Sold the dirt bike when I moved to the city
and got an EX250J '08 for around the city and any other trips I wanted to do. I clocked up 26000km over the 3 years I had it doing trips from HB to Wellington,
Did a trip from Napier to Tauranga to Auckland to Wellington. It was a bit much though, even Tauranga to Wellington was a challenge on the 250. Had a hell of a
lot of fun on the baby Ninja though throwing it around and beating everyone else in the corners. :cool:
Recently have upgraded to a GSX-R600 K9 which is almost a bit much for me, have done the Wellington to HB and back a few times, and am regularly trying to relearn the
paekak hill on fine sundays. Still have a hell of a lot to learn in terms of riding and everything to do with bikes.
Am also wanting to be able to do all my own maintenance/the odd mod to the bike so am collecting tools and trying to be nice to mates with a garage and of course reading up
on easy things to do.
Welp, that dragged on a bit but thanks for reading.
Look forward to contributing where I can.
Thanks,
Chris.

Deano
1st August 2012, 16:51
Welcome Chris. Nice bike.

There are a few organised (or not so organised) rides in Welly.

Wednesday nights and Thursday nights during daylight savings - check out meetings and events forum. These rides leave the Avalon Park carpark just over the Kenedy Good Bridge in Lower Hutt at 6.30pm and usually end up at the Station Sports Cafe and Bar on Hutt Road.

Many of the Thursday Night crew still meet there every Thursday for a pint and a chin wag.

Might see ya round.

RuoskaNZ
2nd August 2012, 00:35
Thanks Deano,
Will be keeping a close eye on the events.
My work hours are pretty terrible currently so that is eating into my riding time.
Hopefully it sorts itself out by summer.
I have the odd chat to bikers when I stop, really enjoy how friendly people generally are when there is a common biking interest.
Will see ya round.