PDA

View Full Version : Another One from Germany - Hi Kiwi-Bikers! (Nobby)

Nobby
6th August 2012, 22:44
Hello from Germany to all Kiwi-Bikers!

I am Norbert (Nobby) from Erlangen, Germany and I'm planning a trip to NZ from Dez ´12 to Feb ´13 so I'd like to introduce myself here.
If anyone have tips for me regarding nice winding roads (gravelroads too) beautiful landscapes, cultural events during that time - please go ahead!
Or just something you'd say "this you must have seen/done!" within your region - I'll appreciate every suggestion!

Of course, I like to get known to the people as well as the land, so as I am travelling alone the most of the time, I'd like to meet some bikers so we could ride together some time (and get insider informations about the nice little roads that are worth riding with a dual purpose bike...).

All other things that'll to be discussed fit into the "Coming or Going or Visitors in NZ" section better, I think. See you there!

Thank you for your answers!

Greetings from Germany
Nobby

Gremlin
7th August 2012, 02:28
Hi Nobby,

Yes, check out Coming or Going Visitors. A lot of threads there with advice on where to ride.

hayd3n
7th August 2012, 07:32
sth island ...

vincent rally!!!!

Nobby
7th August 2012, 07:55
looks interesting, thanks!

It seems the VCR is open to everyone not only for professional racers, right?
Not that I wanted to attend, it's already too late... :(

Bikemad
7th August 2012, 09:59
hey Nobby...............one of your countrymen,KB name Matz from Nuremberg,is also travelling NZ around the same time as you on his DR350.........could be an idea to travel together.He gets here early September and is staying for 9 months or so

Nobby
7th August 2012, 19:29
hey Nobby...............one of your countrymen,KB name Matz from Nuremberg,is also travelling NZ around the same time as you on his DR350.........could be an idea to travel together.He gets here early September and is staying for 9 months or so

yes I've seen this already and tried to send a PM because he lives in a town just 20km distance from my hometown..., but due to new-member-restrictions I'm not allowed to send a PM :(
(I don't know how many post I have to do until sending PM is possible)

rickstv
7th August 2012, 20:40
Don't mention the war.

dogsnbikes
7th August 2012, 21:18
Hello from Germany to all Kiwi-Bikers!

I am Norbert (Nobby) from Erlangen, Germany and I'm planning a trip to NZ from Dez ´12 to Feb ´13 so I'd like to introduce myself here.
If anyone have tips for me regarding nice winding roads (gravelroads too) beautiful landscapes, cultural events during that time - please go ahead!
Or just something you'd say "this you must have seen/done!" within your region - I'll appreciate every suggestion!

Of course, I like to get known to the people as well as the land, so as I am travelling alone the most of the time, I'd like to meet some bikers so we could ride together some time (and get insider informations about the nice little roads that are worth riding with a dual purpose bike...).

All other things that'll to be discussed fit into the "Coming or Going or Visitors in NZ" section better, I think. See you there!

Thank you for your answers!

Greetings from Germany
Nobby

Hi Nobby

Welcome to the site

Cheak out http://www.krad-vagabunden.de/

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/144810-German-couple-looking-for-contact-to-Kiwi-Bikers/page3?highlight=german+couple

Bikemad
7th August 2012, 21:52
yes I've seen this already and tried to send a PM because he lives in a town just 20km distance from my hometown..., but due to new-member-restrictions I'm not allowed to send a PM :(

i'm not sure either nobby but i'm happy to pass a message on to him for ya..........will give him a heads up on this thread

Nobby
7th August 2012, 22:10
i'm not sure either nobby but i'm happy to pass a message on to him for ya..........will give him a heads up on this thread

Thanks a lot!
So perhaps we can meet before he departs...

Bikemad
7th August 2012, 22:21
have sent him a PM with a link to this thread.......think it might be 10 posts and you can PM..........i notice Matz has 13 posts and we have exchanged PMs.......you are pretty close to 10..........throw a few random posts about and give it another go

OlisQ
7th August 2012, 23:03
Hi Nobby,

me and my girlfriend will be riding the sth island 09.01-27.01.
We're living in the Heilbronn Region, it's our 2nd time on bikes in NZ. Maybe you've read our article in the "Motorrad Abenteuer".
If you like contact me PostfuerdenOli ät web

Regards
Oli

Gremlin
7th August 2012, 23:05
5 from memory, so you're good to go.

Nobby
8th August 2012, 07:59
5 from memory, so you're good to go.

doesn't seem so, still no PM possible :(

Nobby
8th August 2012, 08:05
Hi Nobby,

me and my girlfriend will be riding the sth island 09.01-27.01.
We're living in the Heilbronn Region, it's our 2nd time on bikes in NZ. Maybe you've read our article in the "Motorrad Abenteuer".
If you like contact me PostfuerdenOli ät web

Regards
Oli

Hi Oli,
that's great! Your email is noticed, I will contact you in time.
2nd time then? For me this will be probably the only trip to NZ, and the last longer trip for a long time, due to family planning... How long have you been in NZ during your first journey?

Regards
Nobby