7th August 2012, 18:30
Thought a few might like this

http://www.bikerspost.com/forum/topics/motorcyclist-offers-apology-to-d-u-m-b

TINA RAY
7th August 2012, 18:43
There's a motorcyclist that knows his place

Berries
7th August 2012, 19:00
It's a bit close to that extremely wanky poem that gets posted on here about not being seen.

SMOKEU
7th August 2012, 19:12
That accurately describes the majority of Christchurch drivers.

Hawk
7th August 2012, 19:38

yep meet one today, he got the full benifit of the twin Stebels.

PrincessBandit
7th August 2012, 19:46
The drivers that need that message the most are the DUMBest ones behind a steering wheel. They either don't have the literacy skills to comprehend the article or more likely couldn't give a big fat rat's turd. Preaching to the converted I'm afraid.

G4L4XY
8th August 2012, 11:17
hahaha i like that, it's so true, so many idiots out there, how they got their license i don't know

nosebleed
8th August 2012, 11:42
It's a bit close to that extremely wanky poem that gets posted on here about not being seen.

Agreed, I think I threw up a little bit.

willytheekid
8th August 2012, 12:24
Great post, and sadly so very true!

yep meet one today, he got the full benifit of the twin Stebels.

Yup!, gotta agree there.
I WASN'T amazed at the trip into work this morning...crusing along @100kph on the highway...in the rain!, on a nice greasy road, while the majority of the traffic was blowing past me like I was standing still!! (either my speedo's broken or I missed the memo regarding the new rainy day speed limit increase)

A couple of "thanks" must go out for the feeling of survival this morning.

-1st HAS to go to the ute that tried to "push" me down the highway because I wasn't going 130+ (He must have been a foot behind me!...and got angry because I kept flashing my brake light to make him back off...other lane was occupied, so Im still unsure where he wanted me to go in such a hurry)

-A very close 2nd...the bus driver that waited for the cars in front of me to go through the lights, then "went for it!" and tried unsucsessfuly to make a speedy right turn across the flow of traffic (me!) , forcing me to practice my wet weather emergency braking on white paint and the usual oil & grease build up at a busy intersection (would post the video, but at work presently...its a very dark shot, and you can't hear my "colourful" comments...but you can make out the rather large BUS!)

In all, just another "usual" ride into work surviving the best that christchurch drving elite can muster
:yawn:
...if only the local donut shops opened earlier :yes:...I understand that certain cars with donut powered lights could be used to effect some kind of change in the above driving patterns
:yes:
....but then it would probly be a boring ride in! :killingme

SMOKEU
8th August 2012, 12:39
, forcing me to practice my wet weather emergency braking on white paint and the usual oil & grease build up at a busy intersection (would post the video, but at work presently...its a very dark shot, and you can't hear my "colourful" comments...but you can make out the rather large BUS!)

I'm glad you came out of it alright as that could have been incredibly fucking nasty.

willytheekid
8th August 2012, 12:46
I'm glad you came out of it alright as that could have been incredibly fucking nasty.

Cheers mate

Just a normal trip into work unfortunately ;)
Hence I ride VERY defensively and just take my time...just so many crazy's on the roads nowdays...and I really want keep riding for another 30yrs.(Plus I suck in a car! lol...stupid things!, hate them!)

Ride safe mate

SILVER SUZI
8th August 2012, 12:49
hahaha i like that, it's so true, so many idiots out there, how they got their license i don't know

Use to give em out with weetbix, now you get them with 'Up & go". You know the breakfast for when you're on the move (in a people mover, talking on the phone no doubt).

caspernz
8th August 2012, 19:45
Personally I ride like a sissie during my commute, and leave enough time to follow errant drivers to explain to them the error of their ways with my "intrinsically safe crowbar" at their point of arrival...:clap:

Subike
8th August 2012, 20:08
Great post, and sadly so very true!

Yup!, gotta agree there.
I WASN'T amazed at the trip into work this morning...crusing along @100kph on the highway...in the rain!, on a nice greasy road, while the majority of the traffic was blowing past me like I was standing still!! (either my speedo's broken or I missed the memo regarding the new rainy day speed limit increase)

A couple of "thanks" must go out for the feeling of survival this morning.

-1st HAS to go to the ute that tried to "push" me down the highway because I wasn't going 130+ (He must have been a foot behind me!...and got angry because I kept flashing my brake light to make him back off...other lane was occupied, so Im still unsure where he wanted me to go in such a hurry)

-A very close 2nd...the bus driver that waited for the cars in front of me to go through the lights, then "went for it!" and tried unsucsessfuly to make a speedy right turn across the flow of traffic (me!) , forcing me to practice my wet weather emergency braking on white paint and the usual oil & grease build up at a busy intersection (would post the video, but at work presently...its a very dark shot, and you can't hear my "colourful" comments...but you can make out the rather large BUS!)

In all, just another "usual" ride into work surviving the best that christchurch drving elite can muster
:yawn:
...if only the local donut shops opened earlier :yes:...I understand that certain cars with donut powered lights could be used to effect some kind of change in the above driving patterns
:yes:
....but then it would probly be a boring ride in! :killingme

Understand what you deal with there Willy, Riding daily from Wigram to Waltham, main roads.
Took me weeks to discover the time between 6am and 6.30 am when the least amount of traffic is on the roads I travel.
If I leave for work at 5min to 6am, Fucking bedlam, if I leave for work at 6.15 am fucking bedlam, If I leave for work at 6.05 am. sweet ride.
Getting on the road between that bunch of drivers who know it takes 8 min to get to work, and leave for work 5 min before starting time....they have nothing other than getting to work on time in their head, Keep off of their road.....your just an obstacle to push out of the way of their focus.
Same as the race home at night, but thats a different story,

Katman
8th August 2012, 21:02

Agreed, I think I threw up a little bit.

Times three.

Crasherfromwayback
8th August 2012, 21:05
Times three.

Going for four.