PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth helmet kits

pomgolian
8th August 2012, 19:39
So i like to listen to music from my ipod out on the bike but hate cables & ear plug speakers, feed back on good or bad kits to avoid ?

JATZ
8th August 2012, 20:09
I owned on of these.... https://touch.trademe.co.nz/#listing/view/501408305
It was alright for connecting to the phone and listening to music, but the sound quality was crap.
I had to modify the helmet lining to fit the mount on the adv helmets too.
I much prefer ear buds as I like the music to sound clear

Akzle
8th August 2012, 20:20
I have skull candy noise cancelling in ear buds. Just drop the cable down the shirt. They survived bob test #1: long wash and medium spin.
That asides, stick your cursor in the box in the top right, next to the word "search" and follow your nose.

Shewolf
8th August 2012, 22:00
I use the n-com bluetooth in the Xlite 551 and are pretty happy with the sound, although on a bike without a windshield the wind noise cancels out some of the sound. All wires are nested within pre-cut grooves in the casing so easy to install.

socialites
9th August 2012, 15:15
If you got time to listen to opera, you going to slow....hahahaha

Bald Eagle
9th August 2012, 15:20
So i like to listen to music from my ipod out on the bike but hate cables & ear plug speakers, feed back on good or bad kits to avoid ?

A comfortable sofa and surround sound is the way to go. Music distraction has no place in a motorcycle wardrobe.

gunnyrob
10th August 2012, 14:06
Just received SENA SMH-10 units from www.revzilla.com and they are choice (and a lot cheaper than here) Go for the snowmobile version as the mounting kit can be configured for a boom or a dot mike.

Akzle
10th August 2012, 14:15
skullcandies fail bob test #2: chainsaw =(

pomgolian
10th August 2012, 22:05
If you got time to listen to opera, you going to slow....hahahaha

Opera that must be an Auckland thing, some decent music might make you go faster on that long trip south !!

CookMySock
12th August 2012, 11:24
Most in-ear headsets fall out, except for custom molded ones, and most custom molded ones (unsafely) block too much sound. Most helmet-speakers sound like shit.