PDA

View Full Version : Flashing a custom ROM Acer A500 HELPPPP!

Brian d marge
8th August 2012, 20:34
buggering things up again ...

Have an Acer a500 , read the how to , confused my little arse off ,,,,
installed acer recovery , and flashed the Rom ...or tried to ...
now its stuck on the boot up screen , because ( I think ) , I need a unlocked ICS boot loader , so I tried NVFLASH followed instructions , ( using linux ) lsusb, device is found , but cant flash , do anything ...I can boot into TWR ( team win recovery project , ) but I cant install new roms or even old roms ....

Can someone pull my head out of me arse and stet me on the straight path ...tried Xadevelopers but more sarcasm than help

Stephen

Akzle
8th August 2012, 20:41
Open the sukah, get a metal screwdriver and scrape around the board a bit, put it back together and microwave on high for 3 minutes.

I'm guessing its a laptop, having usb.
So im guessing you mean to flash the BIOS.
Fuck knows why cos it nrmly causes more problems.
Download latest bios and asus flashutility.

-edit-
acer not asus.:doh:
Microwave it is.

SMOKEU
8th August 2012, 20:50
Use Clockworkmod Recovery after rooting it, then flash your custom ROM and Gapps.

pete376403
8th August 2012, 20:56
http://androidadvices.com/update-acer-iconia-tab-a500-taboonay-honeycomb-32-custom-firmware/

is this what you're trying to do?

Brian d marge
8th August 2012, 21:00
http://androidadvices.com/update-acer-iconia-tab-a500-taboonay-honeycomb-32-custom-firmware/

is this what you're trying to do?

Originally , wanted to get ICS , so used TWRP. that booted into the recovery image but couldnt flash the rom , I think because TWRP needed a unlocked ics boot loader
So I tried Nvflash and get ....

I can boot into "Team win recovery project" but cant install any roms , ( I think) because TWRP need an unlocked bootloader so I used Nvflash

Bus 007 Device 002: ID 046d:c52e Logitech, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 022: ID 0502:3325 Acer, Inc. Iconia tablet A500
root@s-desktop:/home/s#

but
Flashing G Tablet with base images...
Nvflash started
USB device not found
Done!

Square one

Lost at this point

Stephen

mashman
8th August 2012, 22:03
Not that it's gonna help any, maybe, but when rooting and roming me galaxy tab the order of the solution was wrong which resulted in loading to splash screen and nothing else. Eventually, after muchos hunting, I found a site that had the answer. You had to extract the PIT from the rom and load it on the first pass. I was using ODIN. Wish I could remember more details and didn't bookmark the site :facepalm: Have fun dear.

Brian d marge
8th August 2012, 22:25
Not that it's gonna help any, maybe, but when rooting and roming me galaxy tab the order of the solution was wrong which resulted in loading to splash screen and nothing else. Eventually, after muchos hunting, I found a site that had the answer. You had to extract the PIT from the rom and load it on the first pass. I was using ODIN. Wish I could remember more details and didn't bookmark the site :facepalm: Have fun dear.

Thats what I have done buggered things up

Stephen

SMOKEU
9th August 2012, 07:59
Have a look on Google for "Acer 500 cyanogenmod". It's the best mod ever.

Usarka
9th August 2012, 08:50
Use an overclocked linux ssd.