PDA

View Full Version : Gidday from the Waikato

anhrefn
4th August 2005, 21:45
:ride: ok yes I live where theres rain, hail and frost. Lol I even get a snowman outside my back door some mornings (Dog frozen to the steps). But what can I say? Come summer the roads just call out and the urge takes over (not that urge the other one).

Bike history hmmmm ok thats always a good start. I learnt to ride on a Yamaha cs3 200cc motorcycle, which is in my garage needing engine parts which is not easy to find. I had a scooter for a while which was repeatadly thrashed and even put over a few motor cross tracks (whadda yah mean I cant jump a scooter? No one told me not too?!?).

I then got my first road legal bike (sorry guys old school here I dont call a scooter a bike). Yep I had a GN250, I dont know if I had a dud or just they werent made to do three hour trips but over 3 years I wore throu 2 engines.

I then got myself a vfr 400 (honda for those that might not know?!?) and although the paint job looked like fruit salad it was a darn good bike. It had a rear cog that was two points smaller than stock standard and gave the bike a pretty good pick up.

And now I have recently switched to a Yamaha xj900 simply because my legs couldnt handle the VFR400 no more.

Well thats about it at the moment, give or take a few years and a few more bikes may end on this list? maybe not........... dunno. :whistle:

Waylander
4th August 2005, 22:00
You'll do well mate. You've got that slight crazyness needed to fit in here. Hard on your bikes but who isn't? lol Welcome and hello from another Waikato resident.

zadok
4th August 2005, 22:03
Good onya for joining K.B, welcome. :ride:

Warr
4th August 2005, 22:27
...And now I have recently switched to a Yamaha xj900 simply because my legs couldnt handle the VFR400 no more.
Welcome to another Waikato KBer.
Congrats on the choice of bike too!! Hope to catch you on a ride someday.

Firefight
4th August 2005, 22:32
hey man, welcome, enjoy your time here something for everyone...

F/F :ride:

LB
5th August 2005, 02:32
Welcome to the KB gargre. Blackbird is a Tokoroa lad too, but you won't hear from him for a couple of days as he's currently sunning himself in the Coromandel!!

_Gina_
6th August 2005, 18:17
Southern Waikato......nice one, further away from Auckland than we are, I am jealous. Welcome.

anhrefn
6th August 2005, 18:34
Welcome to the KB gargre. Blackbird is a Tokoroa lad too, but you won't hear from him for a couple of days as he's currently sunning himself in the Coromandel!!

Yeah I gotta catch up with him sometime, he used to work with my dad out at the mill. Lol still trying to get the old fart to join the site, he rides a honda vt750 shadow.

Coyote
6th August 2005, 18:36
Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

Zed
6th August 2005, 18:49
Totally and thoroughly agree with you about scooters, even if they technically are a "bike"!

Well, in the traditional manner I say to you "welcome to KiwiBiker"! :wavey:

NC
6th August 2005, 19:20
Gotta love those VFR's :)

Ah Tokalofa, how I miss hanging out there :D

Welcome, Dude :drinkup:

Aaron717
6th August 2005, 19:36
Hey howsit going, welcome to the site:-)

Az
:ride:

Jabez
9th August 2005, 12:38
Welcome...:)

Blackbird
9th August 2005, 12:58
A warm welcome - nice machines you've owned :Punk:

Hope to see you on the road sometime. We're at Coromandel most weekends as LB said but it won't be too long until evening rides in the week are on again!

Cheers

Geoff

vifferman
9th August 2005, 13:05
:ride: I learnt to ride on a Yamaha cs3 200cc motorcycle, which is in my garage needing engine parts which is not easy to find.
Hiya, anhrefn! Welcome to the Kiwi Biker gargre! :wavey:
Is the CS3 that one from the early 70s (?) that had "Electric" (one of the firstest electric start bikes) on the side, sounded like a sewing machine, and had a big rotary steering damper knob on the steering head? My friend (who introduced me to bikes) had a brother with a purple :eek: one of those.

sels1
9th August 2005, 13:08
welcome aboard the site Anhrefn :niceone: