PDA

View Full Version : Full License Test - Riccarton, Christchurch

holdfasthope
20th August 2012, 10:49
Hey all,
Just went out and did my full test this morning - easy as! It was literally just a ride around town for around 15 minutes. Test started at 0800, was home by 0830!
All of the test was in a small area, with the perimeter streets being Straven Rd, Kahu/Kotare St, Clyde Rd and Riccarton Rd. No U-turns, no over 50km areas, no hazard identification.
I just made sure I was making obvious head movements and rode like any normal day.
Now I can (legally) ride my R6! WOOOO!!!

Tigadee
21st August 2012, 09:47
Congrats! :D

Kids these days, have it too easy I tell ya!

holdfasthope
21st August 2012, 21:34
I'm not complaining!

GrayWolf
22nd August 2012, 14:10
I'm not complaining!

Congrats, but yeh we know you aint complainin' ...... however if the restricted is now harder... and it should be for ALL non commercial vehicles, then the full test should be even more so..... yeh go on, I know, old bastard etc etc etc,,,, :bleh:

Enjot the R6..... and I'm gonna say it.... TAKE CARE!!

Subike
22nd August 2012, 17:49
Good one bud,
Good feeling eh, looking forward to my full test
Did and passed my restricted Mon just past,
45 min, Sunday ride, easy as.
Anyone putting it off out of fear of failing?
Must be a pussy

holdfasthope
6th September 2012, 21:55
Congrats, but yeh we know you aint complainin' ...... however if the restricted is now harder... and it should be for ALL non commercial vehicles, then the full test should be even more so..... yeh go on, I know, old bastard etc etc etc,,,, :bleh:

Enjot the R6..... and I'm gonna say it.... TAKE CARE!!

Yeah I worked that out well... the 'easier' restricted and full tests, because of the times I ended up sitting them. I got home and laughed about how easy it was, and agree - it should be harder.
Thanks, I will take care, I've always been pretty cautious about everything I do, so I'm pretty happy to sit behind cars on the windys if need be... Well, until I know everything there is to know about the new bike. Which is amazing by the way!

Tigadee
7th September 2012, 09:12
R = rocket? 6 = six cylinder? :crazy:

Just passed my Full test yesterday and it was short and sweet. No hazard ID section, one U-turn, turn here and there and that was it.

When the tester started heading me back towards the starting after only 15+ mins, I got worried I'd failed! Helps that the tester is a fellow scotch drinker (he's from Scotland). :laugh:

holdfasthope
8th September 2012, 17:24
R = rocket? 6 = six cylinder? :crazy:

R is not equal to Rocket, but that doesn't mean it doesn't apply... 6 = 600cc (R1 = 1000cc).

Took it over to Akaroa this morning! Had the best riding buddies too - both have IAMs qualifications so were the perfect people to follow/have behind me.
Such a sweet ride! Was much more enjoyable on the 600 than my 250 was haha

Tigadee
8th September 2012, 20:36
Was much more enjoyable on the 600 than my 250 was haha

True enough, as I found out today...:Punk:

2DriveSafe
9th September 2012, 09:40
R is not equal to Rocket, but that doesn't mean it doesn't apply... 6 = 600cc (R1 = 1000cc).

Took it over to Akaroa this morning! Had the best riding buddies too - both have IAMs qualifications so were the perfect people to follow/have behind me.
Such a sweet ride! Was much more enjoyable on the 600 than my 250 was haha

J I have some video footage from following you, will put on a dvd and give to Kim when I get a chance - was a good ride - though I got stuck behind that white van for a while on way back.

Come do one of our $50 Apex courses - may give you a bit more to think about too

D

holdfasthope
11th September 2012, 19:11
J I have some video footage from following you, will put on a dvd and give to Kim when I get a chance - was a good ride - though I got stuck behind that white van for a while on way back.

Come do one of our $50 Apex courses - may give you a bit more to think about too

D

Cheers Duncan, that would be great! Keen to grab as much feedback as possible of my riding.
And yeah, I'll definitely sign up for one of those courses! I have a lot to learn.

Oblivion
11th September 2012, 19:19
True enough, as I found out today...:Punk:

Well, you're lucky. I have my full tomorrow, and the GPz doesn't even start. So I have to wait to enjoy myself on it after I pass the test. :no:

Tigadee
18th September 2012, 14:31
Well, you're lucky. I have my full tomorrow, and the GPz doesn't even start. So I have to wait to enjoy myself on it after I pass the test. :no:

Oh dear... Is it running now?

Mr. Blonde
7th December 2012, 19:05
I have got my restricted test booked at Ricc on tuesday,Looking forward to it.

neels
7th December 2012, 19:42
I'm thinking I should do one of those, how do I book it in?

Anyway, sounds like not much has changed, I suspect the duration of the test depends on the testers judgement of the testee. My 'hard' full licence test a few years back lasted 20mins, my son's 'hard' restricted test was about 5 minutes longer, I think the fact that he rode out to do it in pissing rain had some boxes ticked before he even started.

Mr. Blonde
11th December 2012, 16:46
restricted licence test

Try going up Riccarton Road at 2:30pm -with road works.(busy as)Found the AA office-to find long queues.
I was not nervous yesterday,but by now I am.Any how I did the restricted licence test -and passed -
Whoop Whoop
Never been so nervous, a damn sight easier 30 years ago when I sat my car license test.

KIPS powervalve
13th December 2012, 20:32
I'm thinking I should do one of those, how do I book it in?

I think the fact that he rode out to do it in pissing rain had some boxes ticked before he even started.

I did my full in similar conditions on my Hyosung, which refuses to do more than 80 KPH when cold or screaming with rain. Luckily, the speed limit was 80 KPH, with a bit 0f 50, 70 etc. The moment I finished, the rain stopped :P The tester called me up on "accelerating too hard from curb". Really? On a GT250 in the wet? Please! I did pass though.