PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo 7 road book

Nakiboy
21st August 2012, 12:37
Has anybody brought the road book holder from torpedo 7 and had problems feeding the paper from one side to the other? Seems like the two plastic rods need to be turned together.

NordieBoy
21st August 2012, 13:54
Try some oil on the turny shafty bits?

Shewolf
21st August 2012, 14:20
yeah it's a pain for rolling easily , plus it's really wide, and flops around on the handlebars, I think I'll be going back to the homemade jobby

Has anybody brought the road book holder from torpedo 7 and had problems feeding the paper from one side to the other? Seems like the two plastic rods need to be turned together.

pete-blen
21st August 2012, 14:45
put a O-ring between the 2 shafts so one can drive the other..

Team Buffoon
22nd August 2012, 09:00
Yes I had same problem when I used one on the Taupo ride. I had to turn the top one to put slack in the paper then roll it onto the bottom one. As Shewolf says it is also very wide so the paper tended to slide from one side to the other making it harder to turn. Some lube on the ends might help but I dont think the rods are robust enough either and they tend to bend. All in all it's a bit big for the NZ style route notes I have used and does not function very well. Will write to Torpedo7 this week about it now I know it's not just me.

Nakiboy
22nd August 2012, 10:33
So I pulled the plastic shafts out,put a drill through the rubber grommets to free it up a bit made a bit of a difference but it looks like the plastic shafts are to flexible,thinking I could swap the plastic shafts for some stainless tube I've got lying around and some way of getting them to turn together,
For the price it seemed like a good buy to making your own but now I'm not so sure.