PDA

View Full Version : Clutch plates replacement VFR 750 FN

actungbaby
21st August 2012, 19:11
Hi am looking at these two kits whould be any advatage for the street to get kevlar comption plate set

Over the standred cork plates am going buy new steel plates also as apprently that better to get orginal stack size

The EBC Street Racer Clutch Set (SRC Series) includes a full engine set of Kevlar lined friction plates and heavy duty clutch springs(excluding bikes with diaphragm style springs).

The SRC and SRK clutches do "Take up" more quickly than Cork plates and you are advised to acquaint yourself with the new feel of the clutch before returning the bike to highway use. or

EBC Clutch Plates CK Series

Almost identical to original equipment clutch plates the CK series are a cork based product impregnated with aluminium particles to increase wear life and heat resistance. Material is highly compressed to avoid swell and clutch drag and is an ideal general purpose replacement material for all grades and sizes of motorcycle. Kit includes a complete engine set of friction plates only

Just want get good life out the new clutch though that take up more quickly sounds good too hehe
I print that part out in case did wheelie by acident not that i ever managed that in my life:crazy:

bsasuper
25th August 2012, 07:39
Hi am looking at these two kits whould be any advatage for the street to get kevlar comption plate set

Over the standred cork plates am going buy new steel plates also as apprently that better to get orginal stack size

The EBC Street Racer Clutch Set (SRC Series) includes a full engine set of Kevlar lined friction plates and heavy duty clutch springs(excluding bikes with diaphragm style springs).

The SRC and SRK clutches do "Take up" more quickly than Cork plates and you are advised to acquaint yourself with the new feel of the clutch before returning the bike to highway use. or

EBC Clutch Plates CK Series

Almost identical to original equipment clutch plates the CK series are a cork based product impregnated with aluminium particles to increase wear life and heat resistance. Material is highly compressed to avoid swell and clutch drag and is an ideal general purpose replacement material for all grades and sizes of motorcycle. Kit includes a complete engine set of friction plates only

Just want get good life out the new clutch though that take up more quickly sounds good too hehe
I print that part out in case did wheelie by acident not that i ever managed that in my life:crazy:

Go with the standard oem kit.As for the performance kits, if the maunfacturer says you will have to get used to the new "feel", what they mean is its going to be like an on/off switch.

actungbaby
26th August 2012, 17:03
Go with the standard oem kit.As for the performance kits, if the maunfacturer says you will have to get used to the new "feel", what they mean is its going to be like an on/off switch.

yes hehe i thought as much dude yeah just ordered standred ones mind you did say not to use fully senthic oil with these am using
semi senthic