PDA

View Full Version : Touratech New Zealand: when?

nigele
27th August 2012, 22:23
Just checking who else out there would like to see Touratech setup in New Zealand!!

banditrider
27th August 2012, 22:29
Yep, have got something outta Oz but local would be good.

Gremlin
27th August 2012, 22:47
Hell no, not if other distributor setups are anything to go by. I wanted a set of SWMotech bars for a previous bike, about 150 Euro. I tried to order but got re-directed to the NZ distributor, who wouldn't deal with end customers and dealt with dealers only. Got my dealer to ask... came back with their cost of NZ$750 :blink:

Also, they have a massive parts range, no way they could even stock even one of everything here. Stuff would still be ordered out of Germany, probably take even longer as it would be sea freight etc.

Granted, I've never had to return anything, but I'd rather order from Germany and have it arrive in 10-14 days.

DR650gary
28th August 2012, 09:15
Same experience as Gremlin. Ordered SWMotech parts and was redirected to a US supplier for one and an OZ for the other. The US price was the same as the German site, the OZ was 2.5 times the price so I complained vigorously and got it for 1.5 times the price so unless the actual company is set up here rather than a local gouging franchisee, we are better off buying direct from the manufacturing country dealer.

As an aside, it is not just motorcycle parts that we are gouged on. I needed 4 glow plug seals for the Nissan, $NZ37 each plus freight from Nissan, $US37 for all four inc freight ex Japan. 5 day total delivery.

Cheers

28th August 2012, 09:36
+1 for the 2 above

I priced some Touratech Hard panniers for my old Beemer and they worked out $2600NZD from the Australian Touratech website and 4-5 week delivery. Went to the German Touratech site and got them within 5 working days for $1200NZD inc freight

banditrider
28th August 2012, 17:36
Hmmmmm, my gear lever worked out cheaper from Oz than Germany or the US...

nigele
28th August 2012, 20:38
+1 for the 2 above

I priced some Touratech Hard panniers for my old Beemer and they worked out $2600NZD from the Australian Touratech website and 4-5 week delivery. Went to the German Touratech site and got them within 5 working days for $1200NZD inc freight

That is not good with that kind of price variation. I would like to have something here local as I am impatient and if I want something I want it now. Yip they have thousands of products but many are not really applicable to the common models. Luggage is something that should be easily purchased IMO.

Gremlin
29th August 2012, 00:31
Luggage is something that should be easily purchased IMO.
You'd probably be surprised even just in the Trax options for Touratech. Colours, finish, capacity...

Devil
29th August 2012, 12:30
Yep, I wouldn't want them here either. We'd get shafted. Would rather just buy straight from Germany.