PDA

View Full Version : The cure for afternoon boredom

Waylander
5th August 2005, 17:50
Was talking to Warr last night through PMs about his dealings with a bike shop in town and another bike he was looking at on Trademe he asks me what I was up to today and if I felt up to a ride. Being tired and rather drunk last night I didn't get that one till today when I woke up at about noon. Had a bit of a hang over so fuddled around for a bit then had myself some hair of the dog and was right again.

PMed him back saying yea I was down and asking where he wanted to head out. Raglan he says. Hadn't been that way on the bike yet I says so good to go. Grab myself some nibbles then to the gasser for some nibles for the bike and head out to meet Warr in Dinsdale. We both tried to get ahold of a few others in town to see if they were up to it but one was still working and the other wasn't answering his phone.

Anyway we headed out fora bit of fun. Gotta love that road though I was a bit slower than him at it. Still trying to get over that nervousness from my last wreck. So everytime I caught up with him (or rather he slowed down to wait for me) it wasn'tmore than a turn or two later that I'de lost sight of him again.

Great day for a ride and glad he asked me to join him otherwise I'de have sat at home wishing to go for a ride.

Did a bit better at keeping up with him on the way back except for this truck I got stuck behind. Everytime I had a good place to pass he was either too far ahead, going too fast or there was oncoming traffic. He wasn't going too slowly so I just waited it out for a bit untill we got to the bottom of the climb back up where he had to slow down heaps and there was finallya point where no traffic was coming at me.

Anyway yea great ride it was and even mannaged to snap off a few pics.

More to come in following posts. Have 16 that I've sized down so I can post them. They are at 2048x1536pixels and largest one is about 655KB.

Waylander
5th August 2005, 17:56
A few more....

Waylander
5th August 2005, 17:59
And the rest...

Odin
5th August 2005, 18:07
Good stuff nice pictures... I hate work these days :weep: Weather is bloody brilliant and here i am at work.

Warr
5th August 2005, 18:43
And the rest...
Good pic's there mate..
The only improvement would be the bikini babe's reclining on the bikes !
Did I say that :nono: ....
Will have to keep that in mind next time.
Great to get out on a lovely afternoon for a bit of 2 wheel action.
Thanks Waylander

Matt Bleck
5th August 2005, 18:58
What a day, you lucky bastard!! :niceone:

And all the while I'm at work wishing I could go for a ride. :weep:

erik
6th August 2005, 18:10
nice photos :niceone: