PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if a photo was taken ...

Flyingpony
5th August 2005, 22:49
This week when driving with family in the normal 9pm winter darkness, thought cage heading in opposite direction was shinning a spotlight at me from their passenger seat. Was about to give them the very bright :bleh: :motu: when I noticed emerging from it's shadow a 2-stroke 250cc dirt bike under taking that car :weird: :unsure: :spudwhat:

Well, no sooner had they both passed did I spot on my side of the road an unmarked white van with an orange pumpkin on it's tow bar .... :shit: argh speed camera and car's have forward facing registration plates!! Phew 56km/hr, safe and no photo taken or the flash was broken. Will find out in 2-3 weeks time.

Wondering if that speed camera caught a photo of this manoeuvre and what interesting fun the ticketing :Police: staff would have at detecting who triggered the flash. Don't recall seeing any bright flashes unlike last time [here] (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=13693).

The bike and car had just merged from a two lane road into a single lane. Guess the bike wasn't happy to be behind this car and from his/her direction, he/she wouldn't have noticed it was a speed camera van.

What?
6th August 2005, 07:02
"Undertaking" is an apt term: meaning on the way to the undertakers...

I fuggin near squashed a wally on a scooter this week, undertaking while crossing a bridge in Hamilhole. Didn't see him until he was beside me..

Sniper
6th August 2005, 07:26
They do that the silly pricks and then look stunned that you are actually there. Although I did have a run in with a 4x4 yesterday, the silly cow wasnt going to have me merging in front of her (I was in front anyway and she shot up next to me) so after miming as I was next to her that I wouldnt be too fussed on breaking a window, removing a mirror and kicking her 4x4 crap did she drop back.

Although the silly cow did tail gate me after that but filter4ing to the front of a stopped line helped me

Sorry off topic.

placidfemme
6th August 2005, 10:09
I've noticed a lot of talk about "Speed Camera Van's". However I havn't seen any... are they common in Auckland?

Odin
6th August 2005, 10:24
I've noticed a lot of talk about "Speed Camera Van's". However I havn't seen any... are they common in Auckland?

I have seen them a few times but they have only "seen" me once 114km 80$ as i remember. I just love paying tax

MSTRS
6th August 2005, 10:59
'Adjust' your speed and you will soon discover their existence and locations :devil2:

placidfemme
6th August 2005, 11:02
'Adjust' your speed and you will soon discover their existence and locations :devil2:

lol thats ok thanks... I like my clean record :)

HDTboy
6th August 2005, 11:36
Hell yes, usually mitsi L300s with the back side windows tinted

inlinefour
6th August 2005, 11:51
Went for the naughty ride yesterday to blow the cobwebs outta the bike. Ended up with a good shot of adrenilin on the first 55km/h courner. Found it really hard after that keeping to the speed limit :devil2:

unhingedlizard
6th August 2005, 12:15
me too. Was coming out of hamilton once. Used to go to cambridge home with a guy on a VTR1000. Didnt know him, just used to meet up on the road alot so we woulod ride together (dont see that happening in a car do you?) anyway, heading out of hamilton this boi ricer in a levin decided to hugg the centre line so we couldnt get passed, i passed anyway and the guy on the VTR took the oppertuinity to fire up the very wide margin to his left. Guess you had to be there but was funny at the time.

Waylander
6th August 2005, 13:26
Maybe the spotlight from the other car was so they didn't need the flash?

Or providing a distraction so you wouldn't notice the flash...

Pixie
6th August 2005, 14:04
They do that the silly pricks and then look stunned that you are actually there. Although I did have a run in with a 4x4 yesterday, the silly cow wasnt going to have me merging in front of her (I was in front anyway and she shot up next to me) so after miming as I was next to her that I wouldnt be too fussed on breaking a window, removing a mirror and kicking her 4x4 crap did she drop back.

Although the silly cow did tail gate me after that but filter4ing to the front of a stopped line helped me

Sorry off topic.
Be careful with the miming.....most people will kill you for that alone

speights_bud
6th August 2005, 14:33
Hell yes, usually mitsi L300s with the back side windows tinted

Thats what most of the ones in Napier are, we have a red, a white and a blue one which seem to come and go.
And my Mitsi L300 aint one!

Squiggles
6th August 2005, 14:47
woh, i havent seen any and i think i'll tryto keep it that way ;)

Gixxer 4 ever
6th August 2005, 22:00
And my Mitsi L300 aint one!
Pardon? What did you say? :nono:

crashe
6th August 2005, 22:26
Placidfemme - Go along the Nor-western motorway.. they love sitting there catching people heading into the city...
They also park along Gt Nrth Rd top of the hill by Kelston Community Hall.
Swanson Rd.

They are all over west Auckland.
And they also use station wagons as well.

Look for any older vans parked on the side of the motorway or open roads...
look real careful... cos they usually are the speed camera vehicles.
Dont you go thinking that they are vehicles that have broken down.