PDA

View Full Version : Fuelsafe rubber sheet?

bogan
1st September 2012, 18:14
So I'm going keyless, and want to go keyless with the gas-cap too; and want to go custom of course. I'm trying to figure out the best sort of rubber for the seal, need something 1.5-3mm thick that has enough give to form a good seal, but more importantly, won't dissolve with petrol, and want it good to go for ethanol blends to, just in case.

Talked to the local guys, who reckon nitrile is probably the best bet, but they weren't too sure on the ethanol blend bit.

Any of you fullas know what is good? Google doesn't seem to be giving me a simple answer.

roadracingoldfart
2nd September 2012, 08:41
So I'm going keyless, and want to go keyless with the gas-cap too; and want to go custom of course. I'm trying to figure out the best sort of rubber for the seal, need something 1.5-3mm thick that has enough give to form a good seal, but more importantly, won't dissolve with petrol, and want it good to go for ethanol blends to, just in case.

Talked to the local guys, who reckon nitrile is probably the best bet, but they weren't too sure on the ethanol blend bit.

Any of you fullas know what is good? Google doesn't seem to be giving me a simple answer.

Nitrine sure 90 :yes:

NinjaNanna
2nd September 2012, 10:05
buy some and soak it in Gull fuel for a month. Want to be even more certain, get some ethanol and up the mix.