PDA

View Full Version : fogged visor

gixxer rider
6th August 2005, 06:53
any ideas on eliminating visor from fogging up tried the stopping breathing method but don't last long.open visor A-BIT COLD.take the car BORING

T.I.E
6th August 2005, 06:55
there is an insert, fog city. they are great pop into a bike store, they will sort you out. no more fogg problems.

i buy the with all the new visors i get. great invention

Marknz
6th August 2005, 07:06
I was once told by a V8 Supercar team member that they spread a very thin coat of shampoo, like the freebee one you'll find in a hotel/motel room, on the inside of the car windows to stop fogging and that it was very effective. Now those that know me know that there is now need for shampoo at my place, so I haven't tried it myself.

:drinkup:

Odin
6th August 2005, 07:48
I know that you can get some liquid to put on the inside of the visor. There is one product called "clearview".
The way to test it would be to put it on the bathroom mirror and have a shower :D Thats hopefully something you do Marknz :p

Zed
6th August 2005, 07:55
any ideas on eliminating visor from fogging up tried the stopping breathing method but don't last long.open visor A-BIT COLD.take the car BORINGThe fog city inserts are apparently very good but I've never used them. There are different chemicals available on the market to prevent the fogging like Rain-x Antifog, etc, you might want to try some of that. I use the 'open visor 1 cm' method which works like a charm, bit cold for sure but harden up you're supposed to be a *Biker*!! :ride: :cold: :ride:

jimdaworm
6th August 2005, 08:45
I can vouch for fogcity, its amazing being able to see again :devil2:

zadok
6th August 2005, 09:07
I use 'Rain-X' on the inside of my visor on those mornings that are susceptable to fogging.

SARGE
6th August 2005, 09:27
I was once told by a V8 Supercar team member that they spread a very thin coat of shampoo, like the freebee one you'll find in a hotel/motel room, on the inside of the car windows to stop fogging and that it was very effective. Now those that know me know that there is now need for shampoo at my place, so I haven't tried it myself.

:drinkup:

i use a thin layer of dishsoap and buff it clean.. works a treat...

Pixie
6th August 2005, 09:53
there is an insert, fog city. they are great pop into a bike store, they will sort you out. no more fogg problems.

i buy the with all the new visors i get. great invention
The Nolan pinlock is similar but removable nad fits most visors

Pixie
6th August 2005, 09:57
Yeah, but if your eyesight is above the accuity of a mole,it's like looking through a window the dog's been licking.

As Monty Burns said: "This fog's so thick,I can't see my own cataracts."

HDTboy
6th August 2005, 10:20
Get a Fog city, I've got one in my tinted visor, but not in my clear visor. I can actually see through my tinted visor all the time (daylight). Must get around to buying one for my clear visor

Racey Rider
6th August 2005, 13:21
It has been said before to use Pledge Furniture spray.

Haven't tried it yet myself.
Let me know if you do.

pyrocam
6th August 2005, 13:24

thats a pretty good idea. ive heard people doing that

I bought some rainex once but it said 'dont use on plastic or I will stab your dog in the eye'

forty two
6th August 2005, 13:49
I use a dive mask anti fog. Works fairly well though need to apply a couple of times a week in winter. :ride:
PRO DIVE MASK DE FOG it's called. (and made in NZ :Punk: )

sAsLEX
6th August 2005, 14:50
Fog city or their equivalents, a type of plastic film to for a double glazing on your visor, are great cheap and need no constant applying etc

Squiggles
6th August 2005, 14:57
It has been said before to use Pledge Furniture spray.

Haven't tried it yet myself.
Let me know if you do.

the smell would probably get to you more than the fogging-up did.... :rofl:

WINJA
6th August 2005, 15:02
+1
10 LETTERS

Ixion
6th August 2005, 15:28
the smell would probably get to you more than the fogging-up did.... :rofl:

I use Pledge on visors, and on the Whale's windscreen. Works, needs to be applied once or twice a week in winter, less in summer, polish completely off. No smell that I've ever noticed once it's polished.

gixxer rider
7th August 2005, 06:46
took your advice yesterday morning and it worked a treat,as for myself I to don't have much use for shampoo either until now but will for sure get some rainex or something like that.I suppose I could of picked some up yesterday but no bike shops on the roads out Waingaro (To busy ridin around you know).take it easy out their guys.Go the V8 supercars.

inlinefour
7th August 2005, 07:01
Got some anti fogging spray that we use on our glasses. Also works well on visors. :ride:

RiderInBlack
7th August 2005, 20:01
I bought some rainex once but it said 'dont use on plastic or I will stab your dog in the eye'Have used Rainex Anti Fog wipes (Do Not use Rainex the waterpoofing for canvas) with same success (last years Grand Challange, worked OK). Pedge with minimal success. Best is to get an anti-fog insert like FogCity (clear not tinted) and put that in a new or near-new viser. Bloody good those, that's why I was able to pass Zed's Bird in the fog that time down the 22:devil2: (and will be use the Fog City for this year's GC):Punk:

Zed
7th August 2005, 20:15
...that's why I was able to pass Zed's Bird in the fog that time down the 22:devil2: Yeah old Roxanne just glowed through that fog that day RIB, showed your skill & experience! :innocent:

GN1NiteStnd
8th August 2005, 09:37
I use the 'open visor 1 cm' method which works like a charm, bit cold for sure but harden up you're supposed to be a *Biker*!! :ride: :cold: :ride:
Yip thats what I do, your lucky if i remember ro even clean my visor. Only ever seem to remember when Im ridn wif the sun in me eyes. :no: