PDA

View Full Version : Waikato: Hampton Downs rider training for road riders - by Roadsafe Rider

Pumba
3rd September 2012, 20:35
Hampton Downs Motorcycle Rider Training for Road Riders, run by Roadsafe Rider

Saturday 6 October 2012, 9am - 4pm

Come along and attend a rider enhancement day. Get a health check on your current riding skills with a focus on developing your learning, and refreshing best practise road riding techniques in the safe environment of a closed circuit. Become smooth and consistent, to get more out of your bike, and maximise your riding enjoyment!

Riders of all levels and experience are welcome to attend. Your riding skills, knowledge and experience will be enhanced from your current level, regardless of whether you are on a learner, restricted or full motorcycle license.

Items that will be covered are:

• Cornering confidence
• Emergency braking and skid control
• Counter-steering
• Bike control
• Pre-ride bike checks
• Road riding tips for avoiding crashes

This is a structured road rider training day with opportunities to familiarise yourself with the whole track - it is not intended for racing or track bikes.

Riders must:
• wear motorcycle riding gear
• provide a safe motorcyle
• be capable of riding at the open road speed limit.

Booking is essential. Your investment is $125 inc. gst.

For additional information and registration, please contact:

Roadsafe Rider
Lynne & Andrew Templeton
Qualified Motorcycle Riding Instructors
EMAIL: admin@roadsafe.co.nz
PH: 0800 BE ROADSAFE
www.roadsafe.co.nz

Pumba
17th September 2012, 08:58
Bumpety bump, bump:2thumbsup

Pumba
24th September 2012, 14:23
Hi All

I have just been speaking with Lynne from Roadsafe who has told me that they have reviewed the requirements in regard to registration and licenceing for this event. Based on the fact it is taking place on a closed circuit you do not require a current Registration or Warent of Fitness, however it is expected that the bike is to be of a safe standard (e.g. warent of fitness standard). It also does not matter what class of licence you hold, even if you are riding somthing that legaly you are not allowed to.

Roadsafe expect that if you fall into the above catagories that your bike will be transported to the closed circuit on public roads in an apropriate and legal mannor; however how you choose to do so is at your discretion and Roadsafe take no responsibility for your indervidual actions.

Anyway I am sure it will be a great day. Lynne and Andrew are awsome trainers.

ckai
27th September 2012, 16:00
Hi All

I have just been speaking with Lynne from Roadsafe who has told me that they have reviewed the requirements in regard to registration and licenceing for this event. Based on the fact it is taking place on a closed circuit you do not require a current Registration or Warent of Fitness, however it is expected that the bike is to be of a safe standard (e.g. warent of fitness standard). It also does not matter what class of licence you hold, even if you are riding somthing that legaly you are not allowed to.

Roadsafe expect that if you fall into the above catagories that your bike will be transported to the closed circuit on public roads in an apropriate and legal mannor; however how you choose to do so is at your discretion and Roadsafe take no responsibility for your indervidual actions.

Anyway I am sure it will be a great day. Lynne and Andrew are awsome trainers.

I always thought closed circuit training days that required rego and WOF etc was a bit weird. I suppose ya gotta cover your ass otherwise someone that's watch too much US TV might try and steal it.

It's a shame thought, wifey was dead keen to do this but Number 2 is still baking in the oven (inconsiderate sod). Not due until Oct 22 but we were hoping it would come early. Still, even if Number 2 decides to arrive this weekend, I don't think 1 week is enough recovery! There's always next time.

Pumba
27th September 2012, 19:07
Jezz whats her problem. I mean it was dead easy for me when my wife had her baby. Not sure what the big fuss is:weird:

Roadsafe is running another training at Waikato University on the 15th & 16th of December (not sure on the format yet but will probably be just one days training, on either of those days). I have done this course several times and it is an great days training, broken up between carpark riding and class room sessions.

Will be a bit cheaper than the HD training as well, so keep it in mind.

ckai
27th September 2012, 22:15
I know right? Yeah I know about the Waikato Uni course, just mainly looking at closed course training but we'll see how it goes. I think the old man did the one at the uni last year and thought it was great.

Pumba
4th October 2012, 12:46
This is this Saturday!!!!!

Come on, I am sure there are still a couple of spots left, just give Lynne a call ASAP

Haggis2
4th October 2012, 13:05
Just did the Lower Hutt course and would highly recommend to anyone - sounds like Hampton downs would be much better than our carpark though...... jealous much?

MystikEagle
4th October 2012, 13:08
Anyone know if it would be possible to go along and watch? I don't have a bike yet but thought I could pick up a few things to practice just by watching... Luckily this has fallen on my days off :)

ckai
6th October 2012, 11:50
Anyone know if it would be possible to go along and watch? I don't have a bike yet but thought I could pick up a few things to practice just by watching... Luckily this has fallen on my days off :)

I'm not involved in this but I'm 99.999% sure you'll be cool to go along and watch. All the training days I've done on tracks and been with people to, there's been a few people watching. You just more than likely won't be able to sit in on the classroom sessions.

Although the last one I took Dad too at Taupo, I listened 2 part of the sessions and they didn't mind. In saying that, I'd already done 2 other similar courses.

If I was you, I'd go and have a look. You'll know for next time.

Monkfish
4th February 2013, 10:02
Any more of these training days comming up in 2013?

Vinz0r
16th September 2013, 12:39
Any more of these training days comming up in 2013?

+1, also interested in a repeat of this at Hampton.

Grashopper
16th September 2013, 12:49
+1, also interested in a repeat of this at Hampton.

+2
Sounds like a very useful course.

Pumba
16th September 2013, 15:22
Hi Guys. Although I cannot say with any certinty as I do not speak for Roadsafe, but based on the day I do not think they will be hosting a Hampton Downs Training again. I think they really strugeled to make it work financially with only just getting the minimum numbers, and with the nature of the race circuit and they way they run there training days it wasnt ideal.

What I can say is that they are running some of there more traditional skills based training courses in Hamilton on October 19 & 20, and again on November 23 & 24. I will put up a thread with the details I have on these but I have been to a couple now and they are well worth it.

I am actually considering going to another as I have been doing bugger all road ridding recently and could do with a refresher.

Pumba
16th September 2013, 15:34
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/160989-Skills-Based-Training-Hamilton-October-amp-November-2013-by-Roadsafe-Rider?p=1130612752#post1130612752