PDA

View Full Version : GSXR K7 difficult to shift out of 2nd gear

LonelyCupiD
5th September 2012, 22:56
Hi,

My new bike seems to be stuck in 2nd gear when I'm trying to shift up to 3rd whilst accelerating hard.
The lever doesn't feel like it can click into 3rd despite firm up shift.
The issue seems to be only at higher revs (above 4-6K). When I let the rev die down, it shifts normally.

I've tried clutching in fully and let the throttle out fully to no difference

Any idea what it might be? I've seen a few posts on the net, but no one was able to pin point the issue nor solution.

Thanks

SVboy
6th September 2012, 10:31
Is it a 600,750, or 1000. The full clutch adjustment procedure as detailed in the manual may help?

LonelyCupiD
6th September 2012, 12:33
It's a 600.
Some said lubricating the gear lever connector might help. But I can't really see how that'd affect anything?

Akzle
6th September 2012, 19:43
sounds liek the basket i still loaded up. take a spring or two out. or a plate.

also try shifting with a constant firm pressure on the pawl rather than "kicking" it up. - it will sync sooner or later, but you'll lose a bit of time in your shift....

Akzle
6th September 2012, 19:44
i'm in auckland for a few days. probably until tuesday

buy me whiskey and i'll steal your bike.

AllanB
6th September 2012, 22:19
Suzukis.............

LonelyCupiD
7th September 2012, 17:54
Well, what do you know?!

As a desparate attempt to resolve the issue within the mean of my tool, time and most importantly: skill.

So I took out the 2 rubber housings on the gear linkage and soaked the connector within with a house hold lubricant solution (Not kitchen oil)
After putting everything back, and by the 2nd ride. I've felt the shifting has gotten alot smoother. A little jerky when under stress. But that's probably due to my lack of skill.

What I don't really understand is how would lubing a linkage rod making such a diff?!
Or might there be something else?

Neway. thanks for all yall help.

Katman
7th September 2012, 18:56
sounds liek the basket i still loaded up. take a spring or two out. or a plate.

You're having a laugh, right?

Akzle
7th September 2012, 20:11
You're having a laugh, right?

me? no never...