PDA

View Full Version : Mental Balance.

Motu
6th August 2005, 11:38
Mental Balance (http://trialstrainingcenter.com/html/mental_balancing.html)

I used to be right into this stuff,but now I walk a section,ride the bike up to the section start and go HUH? This approach is so,so important,possibly the most important skill you can develope riding a bike - like a lot of trials skills you can use them in other fields of motorcycling...enduros,MX,trail riding,road racing and on the street....this is even a skill to use in your everyday life,the correct mental approach can get you over any obstical,physical or mental.Check out the rest of the site too of course,some good videos of trials tricks.

Ixion
6th August 2005, 11:59
Good site. Lots of good info for off roaders. I must try to read it all.

stevedee
6th August 2005, 12:27
If I win Lotto this weekend I'm booking a ticket to Marion County, Sequatchie, Tennessee. Great site. Cheers.

F5 Dave
8th August 2005, 12:51
That expectation that you can do it, confidence in your own abilities.

Last night in a dream (no really) I was confronting a long downhill, it was rough loose dark slightly sandy mix, with a bit of a drop away near the middle. I had the knowledge that I had done it before & it had been difficult, but it could obviously be done.

Sometimes it takes the ‘I can do it approach’ to allow the mind to focus and apply with the correct timing.

The only thing that was worrying me was I was sure the first time I’d done it on my trials bike & why am I now on my RF900? Oh shit! I’m past the point of no return. Oh Mummy!!!!!

Ah! Ah! Ah!
[screams] AH! AH! AH!
:cold: Now I'm scared, mind over matter? Bah!

vifferman
8th August 2005, 12:59
Dang.
I thort this mighta bin a thread about fixin mah heed... :weird:

Can I / may I hijack it? :Offtopic:

Should I:
1. Take some droogs.
2. Herbal stuff.
3. Go home.
4. Go home permanently.
5. Find a bus.

?

Brian d marge
9th August 2005, 00:00
Yesterday ,,i spent the day down the track , to set up the new pit tent ,,and fit and set up the new rear spring ,,,as well as dial in the front a bit more ,,,

So after hours ,,pole 3 into pole 6 ,,,( you needed three Masters degrees to build this awning thing ...)

The spring is a a very good improvement,,, BUT there is one area I just cant seem to get me head round ,,,that the drop offs ,,,,

This one is about 4 ish foot ,,,and the fast boys dont slow down ...The training has been working well I wasnt so tired ,,,( mind you its 34 and 80% humididty ) So I just concentrated on 2 things getting airtime off the jump ,,,and not being a whooooos of the drop...

BUT as ...much as I try ,,,I brake at the ridge ,,,...Its a mental thing I know ,,,I should lift the front .... ( But can you wheely off the edge of a cliff ,,,, ,,,no me niether )

So The plan this summer is to work on that one area ...and train ,,,..ie Ill go to the park and try the small drop off first and work up to the bigger ones ,,,,
At the other track there is a drop off of about 10 - 12 foot and the ,,fast ones sort of bunny hop ...into the bottom ,,... and drive out of the gully under power ,,,,

Its all in the head ........ Just a large part of this head keeps reminding me that the wax will melt if I get to close to the sun ,,,,

Stephen