PDA

View Full Version : Tutoro chain oiler

Dodgy1
10th September 2012, 13:00
Right. So after 33,000 km's the original chain and sprockets on the Bandit got replaced with nice shiny new ones. During the cleaning of the over spray from inside my swing arm and wheel rim etc from the chain lube I thought hmmm a chain oiler would be nice. Now having had a Scott oiler in the past this was my first thought so got on trade me and had a look. Now don't get me wrong...I like the Scott oiler I just don't like the price. Come to think of it I don't like drilling holes in my air intake to take the vacuum hose either. So again it was onto the interweb and kiwibiker. A short search turned up the name Tutoro in a post. Tutoro ( http://www.tutorochainoiler.com/ ) are based in the UK and make two models of chain oiler. The basic and the auto. The basic is just as its name suggests and is a reservoir with a flow control and an on off knob. The trouble with this system is that if the knob on the bike forgets to turn off the on off knob on the oiler .....well you end up with a puddle of oil under your bike :facepalm: Strike that one off the list. The other one they do is the auto This one only operates when the bike is moving AND I don't have to drill any holes or attach any electrical fittings to make it work. Right up my ally. So I ordered 2 auto kits from the website. One for me and one for Mrs Dodgy's :love: Bandit. Now I placed my order on a Monday evening. On Thursday my package arrived from the UK with my oilers :Punk: and after currency conversion I got 2 chain oilers for les than the price of a scott oiler....Fantastic. 10.30am- So now its off down to the shed....the website reckons you can fit one of these in an hour. I have no reason to doubt this as the instructions are well laid out and easy to follow. 11.30am Well an hour is a little optimistic I think because they fail to take into account what happens to kiwi blokes when they venture into their sheds :facepalm: I'm no different. The supplied multifit bracket made mounting the oiler super easy all that remains is to route the oil delivery tube. 12.15 Done fitted and primed. Likes.....I like the price 44.95 pounds sterling got me a kit that contained everything I needed , including oil , to fit it to my bike. I like the quality. Its well made and looks good. I like how easy it was to fit. The longest bit was deciding where to mount it! Dislikes....There is only one thing I don't like and thats god damned cable ties! They're ugly. There are tidier options which I will be investing in to make the whole thing perfect!! Well there you have it. My first product review. In part deux ,thats French type froggy speak for two, I'll report back on its operation.....Damn....that means riding my bike :yes:

Akzle
10th September 2012, 16:31
mean.
i take it you couldn't find anyone in NZ stocking them?
i'd love one. still not up with the play on this internet-buying stuff.

Crasherfromwayback
10th September 2012, 16:35
I'm sure it's fine. But fuck it's ugly.

Dodgy1
10th September 2012, 16:49
mean.

There's a guy on trademe selling the basic oiler and when I quized him about the auto oiler he said it wasn't available yet....that was some time ago though he may well be doing them now

Dodgy1
10th September 2012, 16:50
I'm sure it's fine. But fuck it's ugly.
It actually looks better than the pics suggest....each to their own I suppose

Crasherfromwayback
10th September 2012, 16:52
It actually looks better than the pics suggest....each to their own I suppose

Yeah it's just the rather large oil res hanging in the breeze I'm not loving. But as I said...I'm sure it works well enough. And after all...that's what matters most!

Geeen
10th September 2012, 18:14
mean.

Try here

http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=323&zenid=p0f0ama6cmc440f4q7hqkgng34

Dodgy1
11th September 2012, 04:56
Try here

http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=323&zenid=p0f0ama6cmc440f4q7hqkgng34

I got mine $40 cheaper than that.....:msn-wink:

nzspokes
11th September 2012, 05:02
Scotoil FTW. Put some oil in it every few months and forget. :cool:

p.dath
11th September 2012, 07:50
Just a quick thought, if you fully compress your rear suspension the reservoir tank is still clear of the rear tyre, isn't?

Dodgy1
11th September 2012, 10:13
Just a quick thought, if you fully compress your rear suspension the reservoir tank is still clear of the rear tyre, isn't?

Yup checked that doesn't even come close.....

Dodgy1
11th September 2012, 10:16
Scotoil FTW. Put some oil in it every few months and forget. :cool:

Same here with this. Just refill when it get low and forget it....And I don't have to drill any holes in my air intake to operate vacuum hoses :no: For $200 inc postage for 2 kits it's also a very economical option <_<

nzspokes
11th September 2012, 10:49
Same here with this. Just refill when it get low and forget it....And I don't have to drill any holes in my air intake to operate vacuum hoses :no: For $200 inc postage for 2 kits it's also a very economical option <_<

Got given mine and vac hose went on a carb. Fitted in 45min. Easy.

Dodgy1
11th September 2012, 10:56
Got given mine and vac hose went on a carb. Fitted in 45min. Easy.

Free :eek: can't argue with free

Old Steve
14th September 2012, 17:43
I had a ScottOiler fitted on my 250 learner cruiser and they fitted the reservoir under one of the side panels, all you might have seen was the delivery tube, most of that was on the inside of the swingarm.

Hey Dodgy, how does your automatic one work only while the bike is moving? The ScottOiler uses engine vacuum to open the flow to the delivery line, what activates your one?

Geeen
14th September 2012, 19:26
Fast Bike Gear now have the automatic one

http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=323&products_id=1270